OK! How rare is this? It’s a WORKING Square Base Cut 850.
I found this pump right here in town about 10 years ago. It was sitting under a shed out of the weather. I was told that it had been there for about 50 years. When I originally approached the owner about buying the pump, he told me that they planed to move it to their farm and use it to pump diesel for their tractors. I had just about given up when a friend called me one morning and told me that someone had made an offer to buy the pump and the owner had accepted it, but the buyer never showed up to finish the deal. I hung up the phone and grabbed all of the cash I could find including borrowing from some my employees as the banks had not opened yet. I jumped in my truck and set out on a mission to intercept this beauty before someone else made off with it. I was very lucky and was able to convince the owner to sell it to me instead. After a complete tear down and a lot of sanding I have what you see here. The lower doors have some rust damage and hopefully my buddy Ron Scobi will remember to make me a set soon so I can finish this one up.

[This message has been edited by gaspumpman_2000 (edited 01-08-2003).]