Print Thread
#114735 Tue Nov 28 2006 03:25 PM
D
Daveb Online Content OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Online Content
Petro Enthusiast
D
When I want to bid on something on Ebay, do I copy and paste the auction in the box on this page? How do I make sure I'm logged in correctly to earn the commission for Oldgas? Does the auction have to be something that is listed on the Oldgas list or can it be for anything? Thanks!!

#114736 Tue Nov 28 2006 04:16 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'm little fuzzy on this myself and someone please correct or clarify, but if you paste/enter ANY ebay auction number in any of the Oldgas ebay search boxes, bid on that item and win it, Oldgas gets a small commission for leading you there.

Also the "most watched Gas & Oil" ebay items at the top of the "Online Auction & ebay" page bring up items and searches that would work the same way. If you click on them, place a bid and win/purchase that item, Oldgas gets a spiff.

With a search from an Ebay box on Oldgas I'm not sure how far you can go before what I'll call the "spiff tag" is lost.

Also not sure what happens if I bid through Oldgas and then get out-bid and go back through the link that Ebay sent me and bid again does the "spiff tag" remain attached and Oldgas gets a cut??

HAGD

#114737 Tue Nov 28 2006 07:05 PM
Online Cool
Oldgas.com gets a small commission for winning bids only from links that we provide.

* Searching for an auction number or key words using an eBay search box on an Oldgas.com page. A winning bid on any item that you click on the search results page gets us a commission. Surfing around on your own after the search results page usually doesn't get the bid commission.

* Click on - The "eBay Right Now" link lists on the top of several Shop Talk categories and links on the " Most Watched " page. Available by clicking on "Auction" at the very top of most Shop Talk pages. Winning bids on those links help Oldgas.com.

* If a complete link to an eBay auction is posted on Shop Talk in a message, Oldgas.com gets no commission for bids from that link. A bidder would have to copy the auction number or title and paste it into the eBay search box found near the bottom of most Shop Talk pages.

* New eBay user registrations. Oldgas get a commission for a new registration if the new user stays active and bids or sells for a couple months. They watch this closely for fraud. Only legitimate new users earn a commission.

As I understand it, if the first bid comes from a link at Oldgas.com, we still get the credit if a later bid from the same user wins.

Many of you are bidding this way. Please keep it up. The eBay commission thing is what pays for most of the expenses for Oldgas.com. Thanks for the extra effort for community support.

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
#114738 Wed Nov 29 2006 03:43 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Howdy,
So if I type in parking meter, or anything, in the ebay search window and when the search results come up. I log on and then bid on an item Oldgas gets a credit. And if I am the winner Oldgas gets a commission. Is this correct? I bought a curio cabinate and hoped I did it right to get Oldgas the commission.
Mike

#114739 Wed Nov 29 2006 04:09 PM
Online Cool
Hi Mike,
Yes, if you use the eBay search box here on Oldgas.com, your winning bid on an item linked on the search results pages earns a commission for this site.
It take a little extra effort, but it makes enough commissions added up each month that I no longer have to be concerned about operating at a loss.
Thanks, Jim

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
#114740 Wed Nov 29 2006 04:24 PM
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Jim
I am concerned about something Mike asked..

"I log on and then bid on an item Oldgas gets a credit. And if I am the winner Oldgas gets a commission. Is this correct?"

Is this correct in saying that OldGas gets a commission from Ebay for us only bidding on an Ebay item i.e.-not winning it,or do we have to WIN the item in order for Oldgas to get a commission from Ebay?

Collecting Vintage Sunoco
#114741 Wed Nov 29 2006 06:21 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
You have to be the WINNER & your bid had to ORIGINATE thru Oldgas.
db

#114742 Thu Nov 30 2006 10:58 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Howdy,
I reread what Jim had initially said about the commission. I was a little confused about Oldgas getting credit for just bidding on an item but when I read Jim's post again it clearly stated that if the first bid comes from a link from Oldgas.com, oldgas still gets the credit if a later bid from the same user wins.
I was confused the first time I read the post. My Wife was right, I never listen. Thanks for your patience.
Mike

#114743 Thu Nov 30 2006 07:20 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Now send her out for LOTTO tickets ! LOL
[she bought the oldgas ticket[s], RIGHT ?]
db

#114744 Sat Dec 02 2006 03:18 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Your right Dick, she's the lucky one. The Jenny Lenses came in the mail last night. Absolutely beautiful! Now I need a globe to put them in.
Mike

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved