Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Here is one way to combat these cheap repos on ebay...i listed a real one & said in the description BEWARE this sign is being reproduced overseas..hopefully it will help educate some buyer...he just sold a phony Socony Aircraft for over a $1000.00....Below is a link to my auction & also a link to the auction of the repo one from Germany...This guy also has the repo Wasatch on ebay that is over $700.00 already......

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290132275742 ...This is the real version.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Moehn-Brewing -Co-P...1QQcmdZViewItem This is the repo version.....

Well it did work & i recieved an email from a person who was thankful.......read his email.......

Question from jkdyer
jkdyer( 1920)
Positive feedback: 99.8%
Registered on: www.ebay.com

Item: Moehn Brewing Co. Porcelain Enamel 18'' Sign OLD 1900's (290132275742)
This message was sent while the listing was active.
jkdyer is a potential buyer.

Hi...I just wanted to thank you for letting us know there are FAKE Moehn beer signs on the market. Five minutes before stumbling onto yours I had just marked one that is being listed in Germany. I really thought it was the real deal, until I went and saw it is flat as opposed to your convex sign. The fake is #140125504251. Thanks for saving me a thousand or so! I love pre-pro Iowa beer stuff. Just purchased a large wood Kerosene lit beer sign with 9 reverse painted windows in it from the New Vienna Brewing Co. Found in the basement of an old tavern in New Vienna that closed after 130 years in the same spot. The family purchased the brewery when it closed in 1907. No one had any idea the beer light was in storage in the basement of our local tavern since that time! I grew up in that town and was thrilled to get it! Take care..Jeff K, Dyersville, Iowa
Respond to this question

Details for item number: 290132275742
Item title: Moehn Brewing Co. Porcelain Enamel 18'' Sign OLD 1900's
Item URL: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290132275742&sspagename=ADME:B:AA Q:US:1
End date: Tuesday, Jul 03, 2007 17:17:31 PDT
REPRODUCTION IS BELOW

HERS THE REAL ONE

[This message has been edited by roadrelics@aol.com (edited 06-27-2007).]

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
What are your thoughts on how they are reproducing the artwork on these signs?

Chad Haas
Chief Gearhead
VAULT�
12725 SW Millikan Way, Suite 300
Beaverton, OR 97005-1687
http://www.vaultgarage.com
http://www.facebook.com/VaultGarage
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
i am not really sure where they are getting the artwork, i believe an educated guess would be that there are people here in the USA that have these signs in there collections & they are supplying there own artwork to the porcelain sign shops abroad......

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Here is one way to combat these cheap repos on ebay...i listed a real one & said in the description BEWARE this sign is being reproduced overseas..hopefully it will help educate some buyer...he just sold a phony Socony Aircraft for over a $1000.00....Below is a link to my auction & also a link to the auction of the repo one from Germany...This guy also has the repo Wasatch on ebay that is over $700.00 already......

Well it did work & i recieved an email from a person who was thankful.......read his email.......

Question from jkdyer
jkdyer( 1920)
Positive feedback: 99.8%
Registered on: www.ebay.com

Item: Moehn Brewing Co. Porcelain Enamel 18'' Sign OLD 1900's (290132275742)
This message was sent while the listing was active.
jkdyer is a potential buyer.

Hi...I just wanted to thank you for letting us know there are FAKE Moehn beer signs on the market. Five minutes before stumbling onto yours I had just marked one that is being listed in Germany. I really thought it was the real deal, until I went and saw it is flat as opposed to your convex sign. The fake is #140125504251. Thanks for saving me a thousand or so! I love pre-pro Iowa beer stuff. Just purchased a large wood Kerosene lit beer sign with 9 reverse painted windows in it from the New Vienna Brewing Co. Found in the basement of an old tavern in New Vienna that closed after 130 years in the same spot. The family purchased the brewery when it closed in 1907. No one had any idea the beer light was in storage in the basement of our local tavern since that time! I grew up in that town and was thrilled to get it! Take care..Jeff K, Dyersville, Iowa

Details for item number: 290132275742
Item title: Moehn Brewing Co. Porcelain Enamel 18'' Sign OLD 1900's

End date: Tuesday, Jul 03, 2007 17:17:31 PDT
REPRODUCTION IS BELOW..........

HERES THE REAL ONE.............

[This message has been edited by roadrelics@aol.com (edited 06-27-2007).]

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved