Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Checkout this sign, the sticky backing from the manufacturer's sticker is still on the back. It has gotten that some aren't even taking the time to remove the junk on the backs. But it's the real deal.... yah and I have some swampland for sale. Shell oil aviation US government Flight instructor sign
OLD boeing F3b-1 flying products Licensed 220339449823

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I think his ebay name says it all---donthedrinker
Spot on back is where the Andy Rooney sticker would have been!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Q: come on, it's still got remnants of the price sticker on the back, what are you trying to pull? Jan-06-09
A: NOT sticker on back or left of over glue. This sign is well over 45 years old. I know I brought it home from the navy then. I got it over seas from airforce base.. So thanks SOOO much for your deep thoughts on this. That spot in the back said property of the US airforce IF you really need to know.

Bet he was in the Navy Air Farce

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
So, that's his story and he's sticking to it?!?!?!?!? UNBELIEVEABLE

Dennis Leith / Always looking for unusual Gilmore Oil Company items and Automobilia Displays
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I got a reply from him; "laugh laugh Not worried about you. If you or no one buys the item I will just hang it back up on my wall. As you may see by my feedback, ALL items are how I say they are. IF you think you are right Fine, I know where it came from and how this item came to be , and how long I have had it. I'm not calling you names so don't start with me.. I know what I know, and you can think what you want to think. thanks for your input.."

- donthedrinker

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
What a putts confused :rolleyes: smile
His response says it all!!!

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
This guy is so dense that he even posts the questions and responses in the auction. If he doesn't come clean it all won't matter because any prospective buyer will see the dialogue posted and won't touch this auction with a 16 foot Texaco pole...Good Job guys/ Hopefully this auction has been hijacked from someone being taken.

Colin Latreille
Always looking for Quality Canadian Oil & Gas & Ford Signs
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
From donthedrinker: ds44@in.com
thanks for your input,, not right but again thanks for your input. Again I know what I know, and you can think what you want to think. It's at least from the 60's IF it was made the day I took it. Since I'm sure it was not made the day I took it, It's a safe bet to say it's older.. Once the buyer gets this item in their hands they will know it's the REAL one that these KNock offs were made to look like.
Looks like India is now getting in on the fake business

Scott Wright
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
YOU'LL MAYBE SEE A COMMENT COME UP FROM ME AS WELL!

~DOC

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
After reading his replies to the questions, I'm kind of feeling sorry for the guy. I think he is a walking,talking trainwreak waiting to happen. Who in their right mind would post the questions asked of him? He's not just trying to shoot himself in the foot, he's trying to swallow the whole gun. I want to look away, but I can't. Looking at his other items I wonder if he isn't a salvage yard operator and the sign came in with a load of salvage.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Remember the guy on Sat Night Live-"Mr ****"? Yeah, Yeah that's the ticket, the sticker on the back said property of U.S. air force...Yeah. Chooch

M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
WOW!STILL LAUGHING AT THIS ONE.LETS PUT STICKERS ON THIS STUFF SO EVERY ONE WILL KNOW WHOSE PROPERTY IT IS.KINDA LIKE PUTTING A STICKER ON A COWS HEAD SO IT WON'T GET RUSTLED.WHAT A STORY!KEEP UP THE POSTS.HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT 2009.MARK

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
HA HA,
The U.S. AIR FORCE needs to know the FLIGHT INSTRUCTORS are Lic. by the U.S. GOV. !
& they are still using a 1920-30's single seat plane !

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Gee... He didnt even answer my question.....

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I honestly don't expect him to answer any questions anymore. Especially after I contacted Boeing and the Museum of Flight to ensure that I was right. It seems the plane on the sign, the Boeing F3-B, was used by the US Navy never used by the US Army Air Corps. I gave him the info and offered the phone #s to both Boeing and the Museum. Haven't heard anything since. Is that what your email was about Jeff? It pays to have one of the top aviation museums in the world and Boeings museum right up I-5 in Seattle.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved