Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
S
Hey, he buys the sign, he sells the sign, he makes $320. So long as it's all done straight, well then it is what it is i guess. But for some reason this is just kind of nuts. I found it just funny enough to post. If I'm missing something well I appologize.

In this link the piece is purchased for $75. Approx 10 days ago. A fair price I would say concidering it's condition.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/sunoco-porcelain...2#ht_110wt_1279

In this link the piece is being sold asking $395.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ANTIQUE-SUNOCO-G...#ht_1615wt_1012

Steve Coppens
Always interested in Sunoco items!
Really want a Sunoco National pump ad glass!!
F
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
F
Now thats capitolism!!!!!!!!!!!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Get used to it.

If you have ever been a vendor at a swapmeet, you will see tons of items flipped by other vendors during a show.

see me at Mason Dixon Gas, Spring Carlisle M114-115, and Hershey C4E-35.
J
J
He may be SMART!!!!! Spotted something he thinks was underpriced, and had the balls to buy it for resale. Keep in mind, he has not sold it yet so only time will tell if he did good.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Jerry Westfield
He may be SMART!!!!! Spotted something he thinks was underpriced, and had the balls to buy it for resale. Keep in mind, he has not sold it yet so only time will tell if he did good.

Jerry, I saw it being "Sold ". As to me paying that amount for something that rough, NEVER! Ed Shaver

see ya on the road folks !
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That has to be the longest description of a ***** sign I have ever seen!

I am always looking for anything Texaco or Oklahoma oil and gas company's, also I am a newbie at seeking globes.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: SC62
Hey, he buys the sign, he sells the sign, he makes $320. So long as it's all done straight, well then it is what it is i guess. But for some reason this is just kind of nuts. I found it just funny enough to post. If I'm missing something well I appologize.

In this link the piece is purchased for $75. Approx 10 days ago. A fair price I would say concidering it's condition.

...offer him $80 for it...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
S
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
S
Originally Posted By: gulfiend!

...offer him $80 for it...

LMAO!!! I thought of that!!

Steve Coppens
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I saw the same thing a few years back and it's still for sale. I bought a Nos Sunoco Motor Oil sign (for my Sel-Oil cabinet)for $85 of e-bay that the seller didn't know what it fit. Soon after I saw this used one with a buy it now for $75 and it sold. A week later it's on e-bay for Bin $295....It's still for sale now at Bin $224.50 so they don't always work per say the way the sellers want it to.

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
He/she took their own hard earned cash and invested it into a sign. Now, they are attempting to gain a return on their investment.

I fail to see what they are doing wrong? They own it and are free to ask what they want for it. It's the privilege of ownership.

It's the crooks that sell the repop's as originals that deserve our scrutiny.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
S
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
S
Originally Posted By: Dave's Garage
He/she took their own hard earned cash and invested it into a sign. Now, they are attempting to gain a return on their investment.

I fail to see what they are doing wrong? They own it and are free to ask what they want for it. It's the privilege of ownership.

Dave I completely agree with you!! That is why I said "So long as it's all done straight, well then it is what it is i guess."
My real point is I just found it funny that he would try to get that kind of money for it. That's all. If he would have listed it at $150 or so we wouldn't be talking. But $395? I found that funny.

Steve Coppens
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Dave's Garage

Dave I completely agree with you!! That is why I said "So long as it's all done straight, well then it is what it is i guess."
My real point is I just found it funny that he would try to get that kind of money for it. That's all. If he would have listed it at $150 or so we wouldn't be talking. But $395? I found that funny.

& then you'd be kicking your own Butt for not buying, IF it sold for that!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved