Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#315015 Mon Mar 26 2012 04:37 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Well just got back a bit ago from our cabin in central Wisconsin .maria and I and Steven and his buddy left Friday ,and decided to spend an extra day. Hers a pic from Saturday,and it was beautiful !

After getting our license,we did a little fishing,but came up empty handed.

These are on the Wisconsin river,in Nekoosa.my dad has been going there for close to fifty years,and I went when I was a kid.now I'm taking steven . Then a little four wheeling on our 3.5 acres.i had to take the princess for her ride of course!
.bellas loves riding the wheeler! course then it's time for a fire...and since I am the boss,I put Steven and maria to work chopping some wood!

I was just there in case some emergency procedures had to be undertaken!lol Also saw a few turkeys(dick?) running around.this lady had all her feathers up,but by the time I snapped the pic,she had put em down,and started running into the woods.she had about five or six guys a courtin her.
. And last is a little advertising display for a body shop!

Not sure if this baby ever actually drove down the road,but it looks like it may have!would be awesome to drive something like that,! We are talking rat rod!
Wished we could've stayed a little longer,bUt there's always next time! And it's always good to get back home! Mick

Last edited by oldnfuelish; Mon Mar 26 2012 04:39 PM.

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Mick--Sorry to burst your bubble but that is a male TOM TURKEY!!!

Females don't puff up the feathers and strut and they are very plain in the head. Also this one has a beard and females don't!

If you go hunting, I'd better go with you! LOL

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Lol,guess I better stick with humans!

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Unusual for a wild male turkey to hang around but it must be mating season. They don't discriminate species, and will puff and try to impress you if a female is not around and sometimes when she is. Maybe he was a young one still figuring stuff out.

Ummm just one of those weird facts one picks up working on a farm, but male domestic turkeys, bred to have big breasts for eating, can't...um, you know...on their own because of their shape. Not a prob for wild turkeys.

Now I hope my post isn't too racy, but I have seen racier posts here that weren't pulled and if this one is I'll cry FOWL... LOL

Nicole
p.s. Just kidding moderators, do what you must, at the very least I should be sanctioned for the bad bad pun!

BTW Bob looked at your pic's an wanted to know where all the snow was! Is this the earliest you've been up without snow at least in the shadows?

Last edited by Nicole; Mon Mar 26 2012 06:25 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'm thinking Mick was coming down w/ Cabin Fever & wanted to stay longer around THAT Turkey as it was trying to Impress Him! smile

Bet he will be Half Cocked all week, now!

Last edited by Dick Bennett; Mon Mar 26 2012 07:03 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: oldnfuelish

You're hunting humans now ????

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: oldnfuelish
Cant tell the difference with lots of them,too!
Looks like a good time Mick!

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Not a hunter and never will be.and Scott I think there was a time when most of us "hunted" the same species,but then we got married and had to stop it! Nicole no snow anywhere at all,and the lakes were all open.we don't go up much in the winter,but this is the earliest I have seen no snow at all in the 15 years we've been going.no complaints at all!thanks all! Mick

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved