Next Thread
Print Thread
#328106 Fri May 25 2012 02:00 AM
T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
Didn't get too much sleep last night as you can probably tell by the time im posting. Going out for garage sales, maybe ill get some good stuff. Today's forecast is HOT and HUMID, just like every other day down here. Have a good Friday!

TheRoyalCrown #328110 Fri May 25 2012 04:18 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
GOOD MORNING GANG!

Cool and humid here. Rain most likely on the way starting as showers. High around 65º.

Yesterday afternoon I had a small window of opportunity to take up 10 square of sod from my front lawn. I was noticing that there was a Robin or two hanging around.

So, after I scraped off the dirt from the 4-5" thick piece of sod (for use elsewhere), I flipped it over and placed several pieces on the edge of my driveway.
within less than a minute, the Robin was checking it out.

So essentially, I made a worm bar. I love doing my part for the birds, but I wanna shoot a certain squirrel who does nothing good around my place. LOL!

HAGD!

Last edited by THE AMERICAN GARAGE; Fri May 25 2012 04:19 AM.

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
THE AMERICAN GARAGE #328118 Fri May 25 2012 05:37 AM
V
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
V
Morning guys,
More rain here today. All I do is mow my lawn on the good day or two we have between all the rainy days.
Has anyone else noticed LOTS of Chipmunks and squirrels this year? They are driving me nuts too Doc. No pun intended.
Have a good one all.

Wanted: Original Jenney Gas, Husky, Marathon, and Frontier Globes
Vermonter #328133 Fri May 25 2012 06:58 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Morning all! Woke up to 37 degrees here! LOL Thats North Dakota though. Ya just never know what the temps will be.
Heres a pic of my newly installed sign hanger boards. I attached them to the overhead door supports. Should be OK as long as I don't hang a bunch of heavy stuff on them!
Have a great day on me!!--KEVIN

Assorted Gas & Oil 013.JPG Assorted Gas & Oil 012.JPG

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
K W FRITH #328144 Fri May 25 2012 07:49 AM
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
MORNING ALL, Thats pretty neat,Kevin,I like. I don't have room above doors for any thing large as I have 9 ft doors and 10 1/2 ft ceilings.
Great day here headed for the 90s. Cleaning some cans this morning,waiting on dog as he is at groomers.Handed the lady his leash and he locked all legs stiff and was draged to back room. Hope they come to a happy medium.
HAGD-ALL!

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
Loyd Pierce #328207 Fri May 25 2012 03:12 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Yup, squirrels, deer, this warm winter means a lot of animals made it through the winter. Watch out especially for a deer tick explosion, the mice they start out on also made it through the winter fine. In our area, spring and early to mid summer are the peak infectious period as the nymphs usually feed on humans (as they are often not noticed) long enough to transmit the bacteria. I have three friends with Lyme disease and it can be tough.

The nymphs are little black ticks the size of sesame seeds. When you take them off, and this is important, have the tweezers as close to the skin as possible. Better to take a little skin than to grip the tick by the belly, squeezing the stomach contents in you. Putting a match to them, or rubbing alcohol with also result in them emptying their stomach contents in you. The telltail rash only occurs %50 of the time.

If you do a lot of outdoors stuff and you live in an area with Lyme disease, check yourself daily and ask a blood test for the bacterial spirochetes (sp?) every time you have a check up that draws blood.

Around your yard, keep the lawn mowed short and remove any piles of leaves, etc that might attract small mammals like field mice to settle in your yard. Spraying an insecticide on your lawn is not considered effective.

Check your kids after they come inside from playing. Check with your pediatrician for recomemndations for repellents to use (or not use) on children. My sister found a deer tick feeding on my then three year old neices ear a couple of years back. And she had been playing in their back yard in a suburban neighborhood. My sister sent the tick to a lab and it did come back positive but fortunately they think it wasn't feeding long enough to transmit any infection.

Sorry, I slipped into teacher mode. Picked two feeding deer ticks off Bob last week.

Nicole #328248 Fri May 25 2012 06:39 PM
P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
Evening all, been welding, body work and bondo all day. Done, now for the sanding tomorrow. Hope all have a great weekend.

Thanks, Phil

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved