Next Thread
Print Thread
#260731 Tue Jun 28 2011 05:47 PM
gmstuff Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Check this out.... Ebay# 300570932010

And to top it off it's bid up over $150 with multiple bids, hard to believe there could be more than one person out there that thinks this is real?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Stop and think about it. There are many people out there that are new to collecting or have not bothered to school themselves on reproductions and fantasy items. Finding out whats real and whats not, isn't the easiest job around. Theres no instant reference guide available and most people have noone to turn to so they use their gut instincts. It looks properly aged and looks like something that could have been liscensed by Texaco, so the unknowledgeable will go ahead and bid on it.
I'm just thankful for this web site and the access to the people that are on here to be able to help when theres a question.

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
TBA Feature Host
TBA Feature Host
You are right Kevin...There are many uneducated buyers out there. Even the reference guide us collectors use are dated and missing many items. Buying an item on ebay without physically touching and seeing it makes it hard to make a true decision.

The most valuable commodity I know of is information-Wall Street
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
wow that is truely amazing that oiler going that high,, i`ve seen those type like this one being sold on ebay last yr,easy pickens for some of these new sellers to get that kind of money.i guess when it looks real to them they will bid whatever it takes to get it...!!!! alan

Big Al`s Garage
Always looking for::
Veedol-Tydol-Tidex-Cycol-Tycol.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved