Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#234071 Wed Feb 16 2011 06:41 AM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
...already mentioned in the repro White Mule sign thread...but these guys also have a fake Gulf Marine White sign listed as of this morning:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gulf-Gas-Oil-Marine-White-Sign-/360344906921

...the mounting holes are ridiculously small...in the description:

"About Us: We are a Family Owned Christian Based Company, Check out our feedback, We have over 18,000 Positive Feedbacks in just over 10 years of being here on E-Bay. Our track records speaks for itself."

...strange...one of their other auctions is for a "Retro Stripper Go Go girls Table Dance for Tips Sign" (320658244165)...and yes, the excerpt above is taken from THAT description as well...y'all want to have some fun: bombard them with questions about how a Christian company would be selling these!

Last edited by gulfiend!; Wed Feb 16 2011 06:41 AM.

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member

...screen capture from their Stripper sign auction...!

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I THOUGHT RELIGIOUS AND POLITICAL MENTIONS WERE A NO-NO ON THIS SITE?

JUST SAYING! wink

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Whats the issue with the sign above? Its listed as a new item under condition.

E
E
My question......This mule sign is a new reproduction....surely good "Christians" like yourself aren't trying to sell this as an old sign????????????

Their answer...."nowhere in the description is the word old mentioned".

Wonder which church they go to that condones that?

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: D Phillips
Whats the issue with the sign above? Its listed as a new item under condition.

...the issue was the sign in the link in the post - the Gulf Marine White sign...the same 'about us' statement is in ALL of his auction descriptions...I posted the Stripper sign auction screen capture with the quote because I thought the irony was too much...y'know, the whole 'Golden Rule' thing?...not only are they selling fake White Mule signs and fake Gulf Marine White signs - they're also selling Stripper signs...

...Doc - my point was, this seller makes a point of stating that he believes in a pretty well-defined code of moral values (to appeal to like-minded individuals, or to seem more trustworthy), then sells undated fakes and stripper signs...it's as if he had said in his description "I shalt not tell a lie", and then proceeded to lie...it wasn't a commentary about the religion, per se...

...it was my impression that most church-goers don't decorate with stripper/lap dance signs...just sayin'...

Last edited by gulfiend!; Wed Feb 16 2011 03:12 PM.

All I can say is beware of anyone who uses God or a Bible scripture as a tool for monetary gain.

S
S
hell the church does it too..LOL in this economy they pass the plate around twice

S
S
i hope these guys keep it up!! I love my frontier sign,it looks great on my garage wall next to my Old Peggy. I paid $300 not the $6000 for the original!!!! Finally i can afford to buy the New Old Ones!!! Can't wait to add the White mule to my collection for $150, some poor guy just paid $4000+ for an original

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
you must be one of the Idiots that are supplying/selling these scrap metal pieces

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: KZ1000
you must be one of the Idiots that are supplying/selling these scrap metal pieces

ONCE AGAIN, NAME CALLING ON THIS SITE IS A NO-NO!

THEN AGAIN, TYPING "HELL" AND "CHURCH" IN THE SAME SENTENCE DOESN'T FLY WITH ME EITHER.

IT'S A MODERATOR CALL..........

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Don't waste you time guys with a decorator which is trying to make trouble on oldgas.
Look at his profile, he's new for one, google search his phone number to see what or who he is and that will tell all! Sells on ebay using other peoples photos! Bad news!!

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Last edited by Oldgas; Mon Feb 21 2011 07:37 AM. Reason: Fix link
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
whats the deal here? Just copy and pasted the link above and now shows an unusable link....Whats up?

Paddy
Wanted. Billups, Ride with Rose, Har-V, LORECO, STANOCOLA, Pan Am (early), Hurricane, Evangeline, Canal, Gulf Coast, oil companies.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
there is a Q where the P should be

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved