Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Thread Like Summary
Douglashwy
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Douglashwy
Douglashwy
Here is a picture of my great grandfather's service station. Am in need of some help identifing the brand. Any help would be appreciated.
Attached Images
Liked Replies
by Speedracer
Speedracer
It is Larco gasoline, a brand of Veltex gas (originally Fletcher Oil Co.). If your family has any of those globes left, they are worth a decent amount (about $2k to $3k). The pump on the left is a Bowser 557. The pump in the middle looks like a Wayne 40, but I'm not 100% sure.

Hope this helps,
-Steve

Here are two pictures of those globes from recent auctions... (I hate to tell you, but one auction was just 2 1/2 weeks ago)
Attached Images
1 member likes this
by 67Chev4X4
67Chev4X4
LARCO, Little America Refining Company. Two refineries in Wyoming. one in Rawlins and one in Casper. Headquarters in Salt Lake City. They own Sinclair Oil. Mitch
1 member likes this
by coltex
coltex
You can learn a lot through obituaries. Sometime from people who presided him in death. The will say survived by a son in "_______". Just an idea
1 member likes this
by spencer
spencer
"8624" street address in 2nd picture.
1 member likes this
by veltex
veltex
Could be Idaho, Oregon, Washington, possible California. Pm me the name, address and any other info and be patient, I might be able to help, if I can figure it out I might also have a picture of the station. Dean
1 member likes this

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved