Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Thread Like Summary
buzzy56
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Stephenwarren30
Stephenwarren30
Long ago my sweet wife drew a line in the sand (at the garage entrance door) saying “this is as far as the signs go!” So the garage is mine and the house is her’s. Seemed reasonable! So many years ago I had to figure out inventive ways to display precious treasures. I want to share two for discussion purposes hoping to hear back from others and learn other tricks of the trade.

The first I will simply call “sign mounts”. I found this 6 foot Sinclair H-C many years ago. In order to not place too much weight on the wall studs I built this mounting rack made of 2 by 4s and attached the HC to it. The weight of the sign is on the garage floor as the rack rests on the floor instead of the wall studs. I have also included a drawing.

The second i will call “hanging board hangers”. This is a hanging sign attached to a board which then hangs on on a single nail. This saves multiple larger holes in the sheet rock from screws. I have posted a pic of a Shell sign hung in this manner.

What ingenious ways or designs have you “invented” to display your treasures? Please educate this poor searching soul.
Attached Images
Liked Replies
by Oldgas
Oldgas
I wanted to display these foot and a half tall letters that are usually mounted on a front edge of a Zephyr station's roof. They have an aluminum bracket at the bottom of each letter. I lag bolted a 2x6 to blocking within the wall to make a "floating" shelf. I put an electric outlet just above the shelf. Thinking of adding rope lighting behind the letters someday.
Attached Images
1 member likes this

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved