Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Thread Like Summary
buzzy56, Mark8216, Old Racer
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Old Racer
Old Racer
I listed a WTB for a Wayne 615 pump handle.
Mr. Greg Jones, "G Jones" on here, said he had one in EXCELLENT condition. No welds.
I paid $135 for it. I asked him if he would drop it at a FED EX office. I gave him my FedEx ID number. He took it to a "Pack & Ship" instead.
Pack & Ship is an Independent shipper that handles ALL shipping companies for additional fees.
The FedEx charge would have been $12.80. Pack & Ship charged my account a $23.29 "service charge". For a total charge of $36.09!
The handle arrived and it was OBVIOUS that it had been repaired. That would have been okay, but it was welded and brazed and not even close to straight.
The repair was covered with BONDO! to hide the mess.
I called him and he said okay, if I didn't want it to return it. So I did. $12.80 shipping back.
Now I have $183.89 invested. He refunded me $161.00. Said he "split" the shipping with me!
So it cost me $22.89 to find out he lied about the condition of the handle.
SO, BOTTOM LINE: DON'T BUY A "WAYNE 615 HANDLE" FROM GREG JONES.
Just FYI.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Liked Replies
by Mike M.
Mike M.
I'm sorry to jump in here but I have to Take Johns side here.

I have been dealing on Old-Gas since 2012 and with a number of members before that. John and I have done a number of deals along with helping out each other getting pump parts and other stuff. One of the biggest things I have found about John is he is as honest as they get and he expects the same from you in return.

I think all of us on Old-Gas would say the same thing, Be honest about everything! Even if you don't know what condition something is, Please take the time to explain that.

IMO, we are on here to enjoy our hobby / addictions to this stuff!
2 members like this
by Tankar
Tankar
That sucks
1 member likes this
by RandyM
RandyM
Sometimes it isn't just about the money, but all of your wasted time as well. Honest people are getting harder and harder to find. You are lucky he did refund you most of the money.
1 member likes this
by Old Racer
Old Racer
So true.
That is why I use PayPal exclusively to pay for things these days. At least you have some sort of recourse.
Years ago I shipped things out without ever getting paid. Just trusted them to send a check.
I won't do that any longer.
1 member likes this

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved