Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Thread Like Summary
buzzy56, Gasman84470, richlube
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#759116 01/02/2021 3:54 AM
by kjsplichal67
kjsplichal67
Hello everyone, I hope you all had a great Christmas and a wonderful New Years! We had another great month this past December with a lot of participation! For this POTM, I chose to do one of my favorite pumps that I own. The pump of the month for January 2021 is the Bennett 76 series of pumps. These are fantastic art deco looking pumps from the 30's. They have very unique features like the sight glass assembly, spinner assembly, and the tops. These pump could have came with either a visi gauge or an inside sight glass assembly. Here is the pump models included in this month.

-Bennett 76: 1935-1939. Pump with a two or four ad glass top. Also came with factory ad glass covers for the top.

-Bennett 77 & 77A: 1935-1939. Clockface version of the 76. Also was a hand crank option for no electricity areas.

Please feel free to share your Bennett 76, 77, and 77A series pumps. Also please share any old photos or any more information you have on these pumps. I want to thank you all so much for the great participation in these dissociations! Let’s have a great January and an even better 2021!
Attached Images
Liked Replies
#759178 Jan 3rd a 07:23 PM
by MATT ALVAREZ
MATT ALVAREZ
I have three to contribute to this thread. Two 76`s and a 77. All three of them are SSE 76`s and 77. For those that do not know, SSE is Service Station Equipment. Some were I.D.ed with SSE tags and some with Bennett tags.

Here is the first one sitting were I bought it in 2006. I wanted the 77 also but could not afford it. I did finally end up with it in 2015. This 76 is an earlier one with visi gauge and one piece face bezels ( no separate stainless trim ) but not the earliest version. The first ones had cast iron tops ( two add glass version ).
Attached Images
2 members like this
#759158 Jan 3rd a 04:14 AM
by keithia
keithia
Here is a 76 I did years ago. Lots of silver, chrome and polish on this one.
Attached Images
1 member likes this
#759487 Jan 14th a 03:49 PM
by gatorgaspumps
gatorgaspumps
The last picture I have is a pump I did for a friend. Richard
Attached Images
1 member likes this
#759742 Jan 23rd a 02:34 AM
by Big Block Cat
Big Block Cat
This pump was found buried in a wall of an old station in Tahoe city, CA. The previous owner discovered it when he decided to remove a void space in his office. When he finally decided to start letting his collection go this pump was one of the first items I was able to pick it up and it has become one of my favorites.
Attached Images
1 member likes this
#759819 Jan 25th a 02:35 AM
by gasmelincelr
gasmelincelr
Here’s my SSE 76. I put in the work and tracked down the owner. My son and I spent hours breaking it out of the asphalt. It’s a keeper.
Attached Images
1 member likes this

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved