Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Thread Like Summary
hawkike
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by kjsplichal67
kjsplichal67
Hello everyone I hope you all had a wonderful month of October, it definitely flew by! Thank you to all who posted on last months POTM. For this POTM I chose to do a series of G&B clockfaces. This POTM includes the following G&B models listed below:

G&B 105: First version, visi below dial, single pumping unit (1929)

G&B 105: First version, dual unit with two hoses, double visi pump, one on each side below the dial (1929)

G&B 105: Second version, visi on side, single pump (1930)

G&B 105: dual unit, two visi’s, one on each side of the pump (1930)

G&B 105 “Dual X”: double cabinet pump, two hoses, four dial faces, one visi on each side of pump (1930)

G&B 106 “Star Salesman”: straight cabinet, single visi on side (1930)

G&B 106: different top

G&B 106 “Dual X”: double cabinet pump, two hoses, four dial faces, one visi on each side of pump (1930)

G&B 90 “Tru-Meter”: straight cabinet, single visi on side (1930)

G&B 93 “Tru-Meter”: straight cabinet, single visi on side (1930)

These G&B models are very simple, but cool pumps. Some of these models differ very slightly. Although they are mostly all straight cabinet pumps, they are unique and pleasing to look at. The G&B company aka Gilbert & Barker (Charles Gilbert & John Barker) began manufacturing gas pumps around 1902 and originated in Springfield, Massachusetts. These series of models are all very similar and lasted from 1929 to the late 1930’s.

Please feel free to add any information that I may have missed. Here are my two. My first is my G&B 105, First version, dual unit with two hoses, double visi pump, one on each side below the dial (1929). This is by far one of my favorite pumps and I have yet to see another one in existence, so someone post one! Secondly is my G&B 93. I bought this pump at Iowa a couple years back and it is one of my favorites, the patina on it is wonderful! Thank you all for reading my post and I hope to see a lot of these beautiful pumps on this discussion.
Attached Images
Liked Replies
by gasmelincelr
gasmelincelr
A before and after photo of my G&B. The only clockface I’ve ever owned and the only pump I ever bought with the original globe still installed. It’s a keeper !
Attached Images
1 member likes this

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved