Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Thread Like Summary
AlbertaNorthStar, canadianoilguy, dodgeman60, hawkike, It's for sale, Man-Cave-Shoppe Dave, Oldgas, RandyM, SandPCollector, Yellowzebra
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Mccoll64
Mccoll64
Here is the start to my Red Indian Gas station I built a few years ago in my double car garage back wall. It was a blank canvas and I got my inspiration from one photo of a Red Indian gas station photograph I found on the internet. Please follow along and I hope you enjoy. Will be adding a lot more pictures of it’s progress. It started with my Wayne 866 rough pump I was very fortunate to buy.
Attached Images
Liked Replies
by Mccoll64
Mccoll64
Cabinet is completed and lit up.
Attached Images
5 members like this
by Mccoll64
Mccoll64
Finally, here is the Red Indian Garage wall finished. I turned the pumps around to show the White Flash sides, and finally the Red Indian side that the garage will stay as.
Thanks for joining me on this project I thoroughly enjoyed. Please continue to follow this link as I will soon be adding a Seloil display cabinet and a few more signs. Also I plan to hook up some headlights to that old Essex Super six radiator on the wall.
Attached Images
4 members like this
by Mccoll64
Mccoll64
Had custom. Letters made up for me, Red Indian Station, Oil, and Gas. See picture under Indian Head. Started to rough assemble that made up station Lighter. The project is coming along nicely. To be continued with more pictures on another day. Thanks for following along, and keep checking in as I will add more pictures of it’s progress on this page.
Attached Images
2 members like this
by Mccoll64
Mccoll64
One pump finished, need to start working on the other Wayne 866 pump.
Attached Images
2 members like this
by Mccoll64
Mccoll64
Yes you are absolutely correct, how did I miss that. Indian head straightened up now. Better ? Unfortunately the rest of the pictures moving forward will show the Indian head on an angle as they were taken a couple of years ago during my construction of the gas station wall. My apologies.
Attached Images
1 member likes this
by minuteman
minuteman
Straighten that indian head, drives me crazy...lol
1 member likes this
by Mccoll64
Mccoll64
I picked up this Seloil display cabinet to rough restore into Red Indian to go with my Red Indian gas station inside my garage. Lots of degreasing to do, sand and rough paint. Plan on lighting it up and adding a Red Indian globe. Not original, but I have seen pictures of other people adding a globe to this style of display cabinet.
Attached Images
1 member likes this
by Mccoll64
Mccoll64
More taping of parts and finally paint. Showing one side.
Attached Images
1 member likes this
by Mccoll64
Mccoll64
Hi Chris, the top of my particular Seloil cabinet tapers 10 degrees front and back. I contacted Jim’s Garage (buy my pump parts from) and asked for the closest fit pump globe holder. He suggested the Wayne 60 globe topper would be closest. He was correct, I just had to die grind the inner ring a little to accommodate fit within 1/8 inch. I added a home made gasket and that was close enough for me. Question 2, As the cabinet was already brown, I simply sanded it to remove finger dirt. The globe and holder I sprayed (Krylon spray can) brown primer. Then I simply brushed using a good exterior red paint, one coat, very fine to let some streaks of brown to show through, criss crossing strokes with the brush to give a rough,worn paint effect. Trick, before it fully cure dries, I spray can paint stripper on just some areas to lightly bubble and look like wear. If it bubbles to much, you can tamp it with a rag or paper towel to stop and flatten the bubbling. Will get back to you on the wiring, need to take some pictures.
1 member likes this
by Mccoll64
Mccoll64
More pictures.
Attached Images
1 member likes this
by Oldgas
Oldgas
Originally Posted by Yellowzebra
Side-bar question for ALL; re-reading my original post to Mccoll64, I see another 2 grammatical/syntax errors, but cannot re-find the EDIT button, after earlier doing an edit?

The "Edit" button disappears after 10 hours from posting the message. It is hoped that any errors are noticed and revised within that time period. Before we had that restriction, we found that a few trouble makers would edit posts after a number of replies had been posted with the intent to change the content and make the replies look foolish or conflicting.

If you have an edit that really needs to be corrected, send me a PM message or email with a link to the post and an explanation of the correction.
1 member likes this

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved