Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Thread Like Summary
Gasman84470
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by jgoff
jgoff
This WOKE CBS 1340 neon Sign is Double Sided 87"tall 34"thick Narrowing to 24". This Sign Has a Great Historical Background. It was Hung On the Outside of The Radio Stations Downtown Studio In Charleston, SC. This was one of the oldest Radio Stations In South Carolina. The Station was known to Sound The Same In The 1990's as it did In The 1960's! The Sign was used from the late 40's at the Downtown Location till 1976 when It was Moved After the Station Changed Locations. The Sign was Still Hung Outside of The New Building till WOKE CBS 1340 was sold and Changed to an All Sports Channel in 1976. There Is a Website Dedicated to the Station. The Site is www.wokememories.com The Site Has Everything From History and Facts to personal stories of Employee's or people Who's lives were Impacted by the Radio Station.
If you Have Any Questions Please Ask!! This Is a Great Sign With Wonderful Historical Background Which Is One of the things That Makes Signs Like This So Cool and Nostalgic. I Haven't Even as Much As Even Wiped The Dust Off The Sign yet. I Am Going To Clean The Sign Up Very Gently but not To Extensive. I Am Also Going To Take Some More Pictures So If You Would Like to Have Any Additional Picture Just Let Me Know.

Asking $1300 obo

A One Of A Kind and Unique Sign!! Don't Miss This One!!

Thanks For Viewing

Liked Replies
by Matthewasev
Matthewasev
The sign wound up in Portland Oregon, my landlord horse traded for it and I remade the neon to light it up
Attached Images
1 member likes this

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved