Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE YOUR OPINIONS PLEASE... - Wed Jul 09 2008 12:36 AM
AFTER TURNING DOWN THAT OTHER $95 ESSO OIL BOTTLE, I COME ACROSS THIS ONE YESTERDAY IN A SHOP WINDOW. ALSO $95, BUT STORE OWNER SAYS SHE'LL GO $75.

IS IT WORTH IT?

THANKS,

~DOC
Posted By: Hemibird Re: YOUR OPINIONS PLEASE... - Wed Jul 09 2008 02:55 AM
I've seen them as low as $50 up to $125. Probably in the ball park at $75

------------------
Chuck
smile
Signs Wanted: Sunset, Clipper, Habor, Indian, Powerlube, Beacon, Sinclar Aircraft
Posted By: 5 quart Re: YOUR OPINIONS PLEASE... - Wed Jul 09 2008 03:11 AM
Hi Doc- looks like a Shell bottle to me?? thanks Don
Posted By: roger cherry Re: YOUR OPINIONS PLEASE... - Wed Jul 09 2008 12:29 PM
"It's only worth what someone is willing to give", ever heard that one before? I think 75 bucks is fair if you want it. FYI, 5 quart is right, not a ESSO bottle, but a Shell bottle.
Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE Re: YOUR OPINIONS PLEASE... - Wed Jul 09 2008 03:17 PM
I WAS REFERRING TO ANOTHER BOTTLE I POSTED LIKE 3 WEEKS AGO AT THE SAME PRICE FROM ANOTHER SHOP THAT WAS ALSO $95 AND YOU GUYS SAID IT WAS A RIP OFF.

THIS SHELL BOTTLE IS SOMETHING ALTOGETHER DIFFERENT.
I THINK I WILL DEF GO PICK IT UP THIS COMING WEEKEND. I LIKE IT!

THANKS!

~DOC
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: YOUR OPINIONS PLEASE... - Wed Jul 09 2008 08:17 PM
doc mine is close but a little diferent.i say go for it.do you get the ice tea and lemon too?
Posted By: j a s o n Re: YOUR OPINIONS PLEASE... - Mon Jul 14 2008 10:14 PM
So oil used to be sold in glass bottles? Cool, I learned something today.
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: YOUR OPINIONS PLEASE... - Mon Jul 14 2008 11:09 PM
Jason,
This month's issue of "Check the Oil" magazine has a very nice article by Ron Throckmorton, about this kind of oil bottle, quite a few of them are pictured. You can subscribe to the mag. right here on this website.

Jack Sim
Author, Gas Pump Identification and Air Meter Identification books. www.petrolianacollectibles.com
Posted By: VEEDOL_AL1 Re: YOUR OPINIONS PLEASE... - Mon Jul 14 2008 11:12 PM
hey doc--i think $75.00 is a good price for that bottle...i sold 6 of this same bottle last summer at our local front range gas bash and got $100.00 a piece to a dealer..so i was happy////ps..txs again for helping me with the post....alan
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk