Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: PapaRJ Wayne oil distribution tank Pat' date 1918 - Fri Jul 10 2015 04:48 PM
Looking for any kind of help, got this from a friend who disassembled it, Looking for any pictures or what I could Google for help. Tried to Google Wayne oil tank but had no luck. It's pat' dates are June 13,1916 - Nov 20, 1917 and Dec 8,1918. It has a clock face readout dial.Wanting to see the wheels. Mine are all missing.
Posted By: gasmansgp Re: Wayne oil distribution tank Pat' date 1918 - Fri Jul 10 2015 09:06 PM
I think what you have is a gasoline cart? Wayne built the Model 228 in 1917-27. used in factories or filling stations, according to An illustrated Guide to Gas Pumps. Written by Jack Sim, on this site. He would probably have some literature showing it together? I currently have an unrestored Boyle Dayton gas cart on my site under "For Sale" Pumps. The wheels on your unit would have round holes instead of heart cut-outs. Paul www.severngaspumps.com
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: Wayne oil distribution tank Pat' date 1918 - Fri Jul 10 2015 09:09 PM
Many times patent dates are of no help, what you need is the Model number for the tank.

First of all a picture is necessary if you do not have the model number. Your tank is probably pictured in my Gas Pump ID book (out of print), but Wayne made many all a little bit different.

I would suggest you go to this page of my website: http://petrolianacollectibles.com/wayne%20pumps.htm
then start clicking on the very low numbers on the left side. Your tank probably has a model number of below 100.

Just saw the post above this one, again to that webpage and click on the 228.

Jack Sim
Posted By: PapaRJ Re: Wayne oil distribution tank Pat' date 1918 - Sat Jul 11 2015 02:09 PM
Jack Sim, I sentyou a pic via email. Could you give me a value? Any Ideas as want I could do to make it more sellable, or just sell as is. Thanks RJ
Posted By: PapaRJ Re: Wayne oil distribution tank Pat' date 1918 - Sat Jul 11 2015 02:10 PM
Thanks to everyone on finding pictures
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk