Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Oldgas Hanging a sign that has no mounting holes - Sat Jul 11 2015 12:52 AM
I have several signs that were displayed in a frame or were made in a way that they did not have any mounting holes. I also has a couple flange signs that I wanted to mount flat on the wall. Drilling non-factory holes was just not an option for me.

After a talk with my local old-school hardware store guy, I walked out with several sets of mirror hanging clips.

The clips mount behind the sign, mostly out of sight when finished. The upper clips are spring loaded. To install sign, put the sign into the hook of the upper clips and push up 1/4". Then swing the sign down into the hooks of the lower clips and the upper clips will follow the upper edge down to keep it secure. Measuring as the instructions specify is the key.

Doesn't take long. No need to drill the sign. Easy to remove sign, if needed.

Description: Upper clips are spring loaded
Attached picture DSCN3694.jpg

Description: Finished look of cast bronze sign plate with mirror mounting clips.
Attached picture DSCN3695.jpg

Description: Clip package
Attached picture DSCN3696.jpg

Description: Instructions on package
Attached picture DSCN3697.jpg
Posted By: huskybob Re: Hanging a sign that has no mounting holes - Sat Jul 11 2015 01:18 AM
Looks great Jim....... I do the same thing with the clear plastic mirror clips and they are made so that the sign fits right up against the wall.
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: Hanging a sign that has no mounting holes - Sat Jul 11 2015 01:32 AM
Mirror clips have been a mainstay for me, when hanging my ad glass...

Jim, the ones you are using; look quite different that the "cheap ones" I use! LOL

The sign looks good!
Posted By: buzzy56 Re: Hanging a sign that has no mounting holes - Sat Jul 11 2015 02:03 AM
Great tip to share !
Posted By: 47reo-travis Re: Hanging a sign that has no mounting holes - Sat Jul 11 2015 04:27 AM
Good idea Jim . Cool signs you have as well.
Posted By: carolinaskies Re: Hanging a sign that has no mounting holes - Sat Jul 11 2015 09:12 AM
Certainly simpler than having to make frames for them!
Posted By: Mike M. Re: Hanging a sign that has no mounting holes - Sat Jul 11 2015 01:36 PM
Originally Posted By Bob Richards
Mirror clips have been a mainstay for me, when hanging my ad glass...

Jim, the ones you are using; look quite different that the "cheap ones" I use! LOL

The sign looks good!

Same here Jim...those are more fancy than what I have used.

Thanks for Posting Jim!
Posted By: hemigolf2009 Re: Hanging a sign that has no mounting holes - Sat Jul 11 2015 02:49 PM
Great idea! Will definitely use in the future. Thanks, Tim
Posted By: gulfiend! Re: Hanging a sign that has no mounting holes - Sat Jul 11 2015 03:39 PM
...neat clips...fancier than the plain ones I've seen...

Originally Posted By Oldgas
Drilling non-factory holes was just not an option for me.

...I don't think that's a viable option for anyone who claims to care about this stuff...
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: Hanging a sign that has no mounting holes - Sun Jul 12 2015 12:32 AM
Thats pretty helpful! Thank you.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk