Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: philmccauley RIP Robert Liter - Wed Aug 26 2015 01:24 AM
The hobby has truly lost a great man today and a great friend. Robert lost his battle with cancer at 12:06 today surrounded by family and friends. He was comfortable when he passed and fought all the way to the end. Robert has became a very close friend to me over the years and we talked daily. He was too sick to go to Columbus but wanted to so bad and I made arrangements to push him around in a wheel chair. It won't be the same without you my friend, may you rest in peace.
Posted By: Jarvis Re: RIP Robert Liter - Wed Aug 26 2015 01:27 AM
Very sad to see Robert passing. Him and Rex are now hanging out again. Rest in peace my friend!
Posted By: blacktee Re: RIP Robert Liter - Wed Aug 26 2015 01:29 AM
I'm sorry Phil. My neighbor just came down with it in the kidneys, lung, and brain. I hate it.
Posted By: Mike M. Re: RIP Robert Liter - Wed Aug 26 2015 02:28 AM
Sorry for your Loss Phil. We will keep you and Roberts family in our thoughts and prayers.
Posted By: Signs&Neons Re: RIP Robert Liter - Wed Aug 26 2015 02:36 AM
My sympathies for your loss, and to the family.
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: RIP Robert Liter - Wed Aug 26 2015 02:39 AM
Sorry to hear, and it is always a great loss when its a close hobby friend.
Posted By: Lastgas15 Re: RIP Robert Liter - Wed Aug 26 2015 03:02 AM
Sad news. I'm going to miss him. Rest in peace.
Posted By: mcguffeyd1 Re: RIP Robert Liter - Wed Aug 26 2015 08:01 AM
Rest in peace buddy. Robert was one of the good guys for sure. He will be missed greatly. Going to miss those random call from him.
Dan
Posted By: LOWright Re: RIP Robert Liter - Wed Aug 26 2015 10:40 AM
Sorry for your loss Phil, Thoughts and prayers for you and his family.....
Posted By: redindianguy Re: RIP Robert Liter - Wed Aug 26 2015 10:59 AM
Sorry for your loss.
Posted By: s932 Re: RIP Robert Liter - Wed Aug 26 2015 11:23 AM
Robert was truly a wonderful person and a good friend to everybody it seems in this hobby. He was always a joy to talk to and will missed. RIP my friend
Posted By: Oldgas Re: RIP Robert Liter - Wed Aug 26 2015 11:36 AM
Rest In Peace, Robert. Our prayers are with his family and many friends, especially Phil.

Glad he got to go to Columbus.
Posted By: mrcavalcade Re: RIP Robert Liter - Wed Aug 26 2015 11:47 AM
Sorry for the loss of your friend. Prayers to those closest to him
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: RIP Robert Liter - Wed Aug 26 2015 11:49 AM
Phil, that is really awesome that you brought him to Columbus. It shows what kind of friend you were to him. Friends are hard to find, especially good ones.
Posted By: Big Block Cat Re: RIP Robert Liter - Wed Aug 26 2015 12:04 PM
Sorry for your loss Phil, Thoughts and prayers go out for his family and Friends.
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: RIP Robert Liter - Wed Aug 26 2015 12:08 PM
Rest in Peace. Sorry for the loss...
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: RIP Robert Liter - Wed Aug 26 2015 01:19 PM
Aw..was hoping he'd pull through.
My sincere condolences Phil.
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: RIP Robert Liter - Wed Aug 26 2015 03:26 PM
Prayers sent for his Family and Friends; especially you Phil and your Family.

RIP, Robert
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: RIP Robert Liter - Wed Aug 26 2015 03:54 PM
So sorry never had the pleasure of knowing Robert. Sounds like he was a great person and friend. Prayers sent for Family and Friends.
Posted By: philmccauley Re: RIP Robert Liter - Wed Aug 26 2015 05:52 PM
The visitation for Robert will be 10-12 Saturday with services immediately following. He will be at the Hinton funeral home at 526 Pleasant Street, Paris, KY 40361
Posted By: gulfiend! Re: RIP Robert Liter - Wed Aug 26 2015 06:23 PM
Robert was a nice guy - I enjoyed our conversations at Dixie Gas...
Posted By: BryceG Re: RIP Robert Liter - Wed Aug 26 2015 07:22 PM
Sad news, sorry for your loss of a close friend Phil.

If anyone has a picture of Robert, could you please post it.
Posted By: tbuckles Re: RIP Robert Liter - Wed Aug 26 2015 08:33 PM
Phil,

I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of such a dear friend, he was a friend to everyone in the hobby. I know how close you were and I know you will miss him.

Prayers go out for his family and you.

Tom.
Posted By: philmccauley Re: RIP Robert Liter - Wed Aug 26 2015 09:18 PM
http://www.hinton-turnerfuneralhome.com/index.php?P=32&FILENUMBER=987&ObituaryId=987 a pic of him from about five years ago and he didn't like that dog at all!!!
Posted By: Jarvis Re: RIP Robert Liter - Wed Aug 26 2015 11:46 PM
Good pic. Hard to believe that pic was 5 years ago.
Posted By: shawn Re: RIP Robert Liter - Thu Aug 27 2015 12:09 AM
sorry for the loss of your friend Phil
Posted By: wfort39663 Re: RIP Robert Liter - Thu Aug 27 2015 12:27 AM
Glad I got visit with him one last time at the Columbus show. That was really nice of Phil to make it happen. Best wishes to all of Robert's family and friends. He will be missed!
Posted By: Larry Nace Re: RIP Robert Liter - Thu Aug 27 2015 12:47 AM
It was a great pleasure visiting with Robert on our way to CTO show in Columbus. I always enjoyed sitting in his garage and looking at all of his globes and the rest of his collection. If Robert saw in my area that there was an auction that had a globe he didn't have, he would call and ask if I would bid on it for him. I was always happy to help him out.
This year at CTO in Columbus, Phil pushed Robert around in a wheelchair, and as the three of us were walking and talking gas and oil I thought to myself, WOW, what a lucky guy Phil is to have a friendship like they had. It is "unbelievable ". Phil, you are a very special person. We will keep Robert's family in our thoughts and prayers.
He will be greatly missed.
Posted By: Hud Oil Re: RIP Robert Liter - Thu Aug 27 2015 12:48 AM
Robert was great person , will be missed
Posted By: bustermonty Re: RIP Robert Liter - Thu Aug 27 2015 12:58 PM
Phil and Robert's family I'm very sorry for your loss. Robert was a good man in this hobby and I will always remember his kindness and willingness to help me and others out. I got stung in a sale of a repop auction item many years ago that Robert witnessed. He was more than willing to back me up in my efforts to get my money back which I did. Thank you Robert! R.I.P.
Greg
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk