Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: dooger54 Bennett 607 Lubester identification help - Thu Sep 24 2015 02:27 PM
Have a Bennett 607 I finally am going to restore after sitting in my shop for 4 years. I know these things aren't worth much, but the lid on this one is somewhat unusual - one I haven't seen much. Pic is below. Anyone have any info on how rare these are? Or how common? Just interested to know.

Doug

Attached picture IMG_2843.JPG
Posted By: Oilcanman87 Re: Bennett 607 Lubester identification help - Thu Sep 24 2015 05:00 PM
I have 3 of those lids and two I have the dispensers they came off. Imo the gargoyle is one of the rare cast lids that was used I've only seen a couple since I started collecting.

Attached picture image.jpeg
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Bennett 607 Lubester identification help - Thu Sep 24 2015 05:10 PM
The one with the torch is fairly common. Heres a couple others I have. I have about 10 total?

Attached picture Pumps and parts 002.JPG
Attached picture Pumps and parts 003.JPG
Attached picture Lubester Lids & sale items 010.JPG
Posted By: dooger54 Re: Bennett 607 Lubester identification help - Fri Sep 25 2015 12:36 AM
Love the way the torch one is painted. Think I'll give that a try!
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: Bennett 607 Lubester identification help - Fri Sep 25 2015 03:08 AM
For your information your oil dispenser was introduced in 1931 (there is no way to determine when it was actually made) and was still in production in 1959. The 607 had a 60-gallon tank and a shipping weight of 140 lbs.

The fact that it has a Standard Oil lid means that Standard ordered a large enough units that Bennett made a special Standard lid for them. This was not uncommon, the more you purchased the more we'll do.

Again for informational purposes, these lids are not interchangeable between manufacturers. Each company had different measurements for the hinge, where the lock went, etc.

If you would like to see pictures of your unit this is what on my website: http://petrolianacollectibles.com/bennett%20highboys.htm

Jack Sim
Posted By: Gasman84470 Re: Bennett 607 Lubester identification help - Fri Sep 25 2015 02:28 PM
Very nice lids Kevin and John. I got to find a gargoyle one! Without the lubester attached to it! LOL
Posted By: dooger54 Re: Bennett 607 Lubester identification help - Fri Sep 25 2015 02:39 PM
Jack-

Thanks for the info. My lubester still has the ID tag on it, don't know if this can tell date it was made?

Attached picture IMG_2844.JPG
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk