Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Tbirdgas United States Tire Flange Sign - Sat Aug 27 2016 11:30 PM
Can anyone give me a year when this sign was first used??
Posted By: Jolly-John Re: United States Tire Flange Sign - Sun Aug 28 2016 02:35 PM
Hi, Paul. I have a horizontal version of this same sign (same logo, same colors). I know this round United States Tires logo shown was used in the early 1920's. Not sure if it was used prior to that However, I don't know when these specific colors were use by the company. John
Posted By: Tbirdgas Re: United States Tire Flange Sign - Sun Aug 28 2016 06:58 PM
Thank you John, I appreciate your feedback,yours, mine and a couple of pm's all seem to think it's the 20's Thank you again for your input
Posted By: Jolly-John Re: United States Tire Flange Sign - Sun Aug 28 2016 07:36 PM
My pleasure to chime in on your question, Paul. Just for the heck of it, here are a couple of shots of my horizontal "brother" (or "sister"!) to your nifty flange sign. Best, John

Attached picture as8DSC00018.jpg
Attached picture as9DSC00020.jpg
Posted By: Tbirdgas Re: United States Tire Flange Sign - Sun Aug 28 2016 08:43 PM
I like it!! Like anything that says some kind of depot on it. Big flange sign approx. 31" x 20"
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk