Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: advertologist mobiloil gargoyle lubester sign - Wed Apr 05 2017 02:59 PM
questionable lubester sign,
bottom- is a orig. lubester sign
notice difference at base of sign .. ... cool

Attached picture 1miboillubsn.jpg
Attached picture therealmccoy (1).jpg
Attached picture IMG_2619[1].JPG
Posted By: Pegasus Re: mobiloil gargoyle lubester sign - Thu Apr 13 2017 04:16 PM
Hey Randy. The top one looks like the painted metal version, with the lower photo the porcelain version. The painted ones are smaller and have a "cream" colored background. Can't guarantee it's original, but I have had 5-6 that were. I don't think they were widely used, and I've seen a number of them that looked to have been new old stock.
Posted By: advertologist Re: mobiloil gargoyle lubester sign - Thu Apr 13 2017 04:45 PM
Originally Posted By Pegasus
The top one looks like the painted metal version, with the lower photo the porcelain version. The painted ones are smaller and have a "cream" colored background. Can't guarantee it's original..

Richard, bottom one is also painted metal version, with the sign in question & mine both measuring 7" in diameter with mine also having a cream colored background, the reason questioned is the embossed feature on mine between the sign & base of attachment .. ... cool
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk