Tokheim 39 Spinners?

Posted by: fatty

Tokheim 39 Spinners? - Fri May 26 2017 06:23 PM

Im doing my first pump, its a 1947 39 Short. On the sightglass manifold all I have is the shafts sticking out with a small hole for the cotter pin on each side. Do the repro spinners come with a piece to secure them to the shafts or am I missing more parts?
Posted by: gasmansgp

Re: Tokheim 39 Spinners? - Sat May 27 2017 04:55 PM

You will need the original shaft collard that holds the spinners in place. They are small brass pieces that have hole which accept the cotter pins. I have used small machine nuts, the size of the shaft. Some silicone to hold the first in place, then install the spinner then more silicone to attach the outer nut. It will work in a pinch. Paul www.severngaspumps.com
Posted by: Steven C.

Re: Tokheim 39 Spinners? - Sat May 27 2017 05:40 PM

This is mine with the spinner itself broke off and dissolved away to nothing. Not the greatest pic but hopefully you can see the pieces involved.
This is from a tall 39. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Re: Tokheim 39 Spinners? - Sat May 27 2017 06:42 PM

Thanks guys, Im definately missing those collars. I will likely improvise with brass nuts like in the first response. Nobody reproduces these collars I am guessing?
Posted by: Jack Sim

Re: Tokheim 39 Spinners? - Sat May 27 2017 06:46 PM

Here is an explanation of all the 39s.

http://petrolianacollectibles.com/tokheim%2039%20tall.htm

Jack Sim
Posted by: Hardy's Garage

Re: Tokheim 39 Spinners? - Sun May 28 2017 05:51 AM

Short and tall pumps have the same spinner. See my reply to your second posting.

Re: Tokheim 39 Spinners? - Sun May 28 2017 09:17 AM

Thanks everybody for the info! I will be reaching out this week to Past Gas on the collars.
Posted by: tbuckles

Re: Tokheim 39 Spinners? - Sun May 28 2017 10:02 AM

I've seen 3 different spinners in the 39's. All pictured here are originals.

The one on the left has aluminum blades.

The center one is the most common, has fiber type blades that will break off if you blow on them.

The one on the right is most commonly used with the shallow sight glass version.

I will have any of these available.

Tom.

Re: Tokheim 39 Spinners? - Sun May 28 2017 03:17 PM

PM sent Tom. I should have asked when I had you do the computer for this pump if you had any. The computer looks amazing by the way. People who see it say I should put it on display in a glass case. You are a magician with these.
Posted by: doc-olds

Re: Tokheim 39 Spinners? - Sat Dec 30 2017 09:50 AM

May be a dumb question,how do you put the new(repop)spinner on?I have the collars separated from the shaft,by removing the pin.Do the collars separate?