Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: NightNinjaz Mobiloil Gargoyle cabinet - Mon Jun 12 2017 03:29 AM
I have recently come to own a mobile oil gargoyle cabinet. It has two gargoyle signs on the outside and the chart on the inside. The cabinet is stamped vacuum oil company New York, ny pat pend. on the bottom faces It is missing the Peaked top and the globe. It has three shelves and to clipboard clamps. The signs are all in pretty great condition the cabinet itself is fully restorable I think. Just looking for some info on it. Also should I clean it or leave as is for someone else? the chart on the inside of the cabinet looks to have been painted over with house paint but it comes off with soap and water. I'll post again with a couple more pictures

Attached picture IMG_2174.jpg
Attached picture IMG_2175.jpg
Attached picture IMG_2176.jpg
Attached picture IMG_2177.jpg
Posted By: NightNinjaz Re: Mobiloil Gargoyle cabinet - Mon Jun 12 2017 03:30 AM
I only have pictures of one of the gargoyle signs the other one is similar condition but it has a small chip about the size of a quarter in the white between the word for and gargoyle And another smaller chip by left edge

Attached picture IMG_2173.jpg
Attached picture IMG_2178.jpg
Posted By: JimT Re: Mobiloil Gargoyle cabinet - Mon Jun 12 2017 08:41 AM
Looks like The top of the cabinet is not there. The money appears to be in the signs. People sign up on oldgas to get values from the guys on here and then are never heard from again. That being said, The sign pictured, IMO, is in the 600.00-700.00 range(Retail).
Posted By: NightNinjaz Re: Mobiloil Gargoyle cabinet - Mon Jun 12 2017 10:01 AM
Thank you for the response! I have done a little research online and knew the top and globe were missing. I was also looking for some pointers on how to clean the chart up on the inside and the rest of the cabinet without damaging. Eventually I would like to find a home for it but that was not my sole purpose for joining. My husband and I do a lot of property clean up when we are home and run across a bunch of different things many of which are oil and gas related. I joined because I thought this would be a good learning reference.
Posted By: mcguffeyd1 Re: Mobiloil Gargoyle cabinet - Mon Jun 12 2017 08:23 PM
I have a top of you need one for the cabinet. No globe or holder
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: Mobiloil Gargoyle cabinet - Mon Jun 12 2017 10:17 PM
Years ago someone reproduced the chart, I had a few of them but they are gone. Perhaps someone here on OG can remember who reproed them.

Jack Sim
Posted By: JimT Re: Mobiloil Gargoyle cabinet - Tue Jun 13 2017 12:47 AM
Originally Posted By mcguffeyd1
I have a top of you need one for the cabinet. No globe or holder
Wow-what are the chances?
Posted By: keithia Re: Mobiloil Gargoyle cabinet - Tue Jun 13 2017 01:10 AM
Buy his top and complete that cabinet!
Posted By: collector to col Re: Mobiloil Gargoyle cabinet - Tue Jun 13 2017 01:11 AM
Time passages, or Scottys garage,use to have tin charts available, also repo porcelain cabinet signs ,there marked reproduction on back of sign, thanks for reminding me these are available
Posted By: NightNinjaz Re: Mobiloil Gargoyle cabinet - Tue Jun 13 2017 01:54 AM
I have the chart it just needs to be cleaned. What are the chanc s of a top without a cabinet?!? Would you pm me mcduffeyd1?
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk