Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Voztransport The ol Sinclair color issue! - Fri Jul 21 2017 12:02 PM
So bringing my Bennett 646 back to Sinclair HC scheme. I've brought all the paint codes I've found on the forums to my local paint shop and nothing seems to mix up correctly. They all seem to come out too light of a green. The one ppg code I'd like to try is the 40729, however nothing comes up for it in their computer or on a google search. I've tried 51114 which is not valid either and 42718, 43829, 349C and none of which look correct.
Just wondering if anyone has found a good dark early Sinclair color with a valid PPG code. Any help is appreciated
Posted By: poleman Re: The ol Sinclair color issue! - Fri Jul 21 2017 12:51 PM
I use the DARK HUNTER GREEN made by rustoleum It's mighty close.
Posted By: BrianH Re: The ol Sinclair color issue! - Fri Jul 21 2017 04:24 PM
If you have a pump plate or decal, can't you just bring it to the paint store and find the chip that matches it the closest?

Brian H
Posted By: fatty Re: The ol Sinclair color issue! - Fri Jul 21 2017 04:44 PM
Im getting ready to spray a pump for the mid to late 50's HC so its more turquoise than green. I just grabbed the color swatches for Dupont.....which is now axalta, matched the closest green to the globe and get that mixed up. Im spraying Nason Fulthane sungle stage but you can get basecoat mixed up the same way. Seems like the days of accurate codes are gone. Better off doing direct match and mix.
Posted By: Voztransport Re: The ol Sinclair color issue! - Fri Jul 21 2017 11:51 PM
Thanks guys. I may find an HC plate and try to get it matched or compare color swatches like u say. I was just trying to get the exact correct color used and didn't realize how tough it would be.
Posted By: train789 Re: The ol Sinclair color issue! - Mon Jul 31 2017 02:32 PM
Does anyone have a paint code for the green on sinclair dino pumps?

Did the dino pumps a regular white or an off white like an antique white?

Thanks
Posted By: archer2 Re: The ol Sinclair color issue! - Mon Jul 31 2017 04:37 PM
I used PPG's MAE Omni brand on a couple of square Bennett 2XXX pumps and tried to color match the pump plates, for the green I used 44620, white 90631 (Ford diamond white), and red/orange 60524 (Sinclair Oil co. orange).
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk