Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: ShakeyPuddin55 Correct style lights for Texaco Banjo Sign pole - Tue Sep 05 2017 07:34 AM
Can someone point me in the right direction on my search for 2 lights for a Texaco sign on an 18ft banjo pole. I see several different examples when doing a Google image search. My pole is 1940 and my sign is 1959. I like the look of the green porcelain fixtures. I see many different sizes, shapes and colors. I'm not a real purist and would consider a repop set as long as they look correct hanging 18 feet up. I'm also attaching the original instructions a member gave me that shows the distance they are to be mounted away from the sign. What is the proper name for these lights when I'm doing a for sale search.
Thanks

Attached picture Texaco light.PNG
Attached picture Texaco light2.PNG
Attached picture Texaco light3.PNG
Posted By: poleman Re: Correct style lights for Texaco Banjo Sign pole - Tue Sep 05 2017 03:55 PM
The ones in the drawing are cast aluminum ,I have taken down many poles and the aluminum ones have mostly been on arm poles not the banjo or lollipop style, they usually used the green porcelain ones.However, back in the day every different combination was used. To search for them some people call them angled porcelain lights.
Posted By: trifiver Re: Correct style lights for Texaco Banjo Sign pole - Tue Sep 05 2017 07:31 PM
Here are the ones on my Pole

Sign & Pole are 1936

Sid

Attached picture IMG_1538[1].JPG
Thanks guys. Keywords industrial porcelain light on that auction site gave me lots of hits. Should be able to find something.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk