Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: tabbscreek Gilbarco Pump Number and Year - Mon Sep 18 2017 11:24 AM
I came across this blog site when searching for info on the attached pump that I acquired this past weekend.

It is in decent shape with one small dent in the top just over the sight glass on one side that I think I can pull out.

Looking at various pictures, I think it is a 904 or 906. I have only taken the two doors off but have not found any ID tags or numbers. The only number is on the reset bezel under the crank, 55465, which might just be the part number for the bezel.

It has the hose retract cable hooked to a sliding weight and the two hose rub rail rods.

Any idea which model? Year?
Where to look further for ID?

I'll need to get a manual at some point.

I work on older wood boats and would like to restore it as a marine gasoline pump. Does anyone have anything that would be appropriate? (decals, globes, etc.) I did see a picture of a Gilbarco seahorse on a pump face but it was not clear when I enlarged it. Does anyone have a clear picture of this Marine version of the Gilbarco face plate or sell repros?

Thanks for any help you can offer as I start on the project pump.

Attached picture 01717_hgEUB7kItw4_1200x900.jpg
Attached picture 00j0j_jeySnCWyAqZ_1200x900.jpg
Attached picture 00t0t_7seZvKa4Yp_1200x900.jpg
Posted By: tabbscreek Re: Gilbarco Pump Number and Year - Mon Sep 18 2017 06:58 PM
looking at the hose connection; Maybe it's a 992? Year for those?
thx
Posted By: gasmansgp Re: Gilbarco Pump Number and Year - Mon Sep 18 2017 08:20 PM
Circa 1950's, Gilbarco 900 series. Paul www.severngaspumps.com
Posted By: JimT Re: Gilbarco Pump Number and Year - Mon Sep 18 2017 11:57 PM
What Paul said-late 40s -mid 50s. Lots of parts available for those . Up to the right of this page , click on "Parts" Lots of vendors to choose from, a page will appear. Gas pump heaven has a user friendly (imo) sight for identifying and sorting which parts are needed. Seems like Mike Slama has quite a few nautical themed decals and globes....
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: Gilbarco Pump Number and Year - Mon Sep 18 2017 11:58 PM
I appears to be a 994. The 992 does not have the retract cable. The model number should be on the bezel behind the reset crank.
Posted By: tabbscreek Re: Gilbarco Pump Number and Year - Tue Sep 19 2017 12:27 AM
Thanks guys. I'll look for a 994 parts manual and go from there.
Posted By: wayno48 Re: Gilbarco Pump Number and Year - Tue Sep 19 2017 01:40 AM
Jack Sims. He's the guru.
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: Gilbarco Pump Number and Year - Wed Sep 20 2017 03:02 AM
First the name is Jack Sim, not Sims.

I agree with Matt, your pump is a 994, and the 55465 tells me your pump was born in 1951. As someone mentioned above, put your nose very close the the round thing around the reset handle, and the 994 should be stamped in the bezel. You are missing a number of parts so here are some pictures of the pump to help you in your search. http://petrolianacollectibles.com/gb%20992.htm

Be sure to click on the pictures for a larger view.

Jack Sim
Posted By: tabbscreek Re: Gilbarco Pump Number and Year - Thu Sep 21 2017 12:31 AM
Hi Jack,

I sent you an email this morning; would like to purchase a manual for the 994 and a couple of nice ads for it if they are still available. Let me know by responding to the email when you can.

Thank you,
Eric
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk