Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: scott1964 Gilbarco sell-a-vision - Mon Sep 25 2017 01:23 AM
Does anyone have any info about when this pump was manufactured?? Any parts break downs ,ads any paperwork on them?? I managed to pick up a real clean one I want to restore.. Just want it to be accurate as to what oil company I restore it in.. Was thinking Gilmore but I think Gilmore might have been gone by the time it was manufactured.. No sure what years it was made I thought I read somewhere it was only made one year but I can't find it..
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: Gilbarco sell-a-vision - Mon Sep 25 2017 03:00 AM
This page of my website may help you. Be sure to click on the pictures to see an enlarged view.

I also have some factory sales literature on the Sell-A-Vision pumps.

Jack Sim
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: Gilbarco sell-a-vision - Mon Sep 25 2017 03:52 AM
The Sel-A-Vision is based on a Gilbarco 996 and 906. These two model of pumps were made from 1947 to I think 1953. I have seen unrestored example of both 996 and the 906 so that would tell me they were made for more than one year. I have seen them in Chevron and Flying A in unrestored condition. Esso used Gilbarco pumps exclusively so they would be a good candidate. Gilmore was fazed out by 1945. Here is a picture of an N.O.S. tape that I saw on ebay years ago.

Posted By: gasmansgp Re: Gilbarco sell-a-vision - Mon Sep 25 2017 10:11 AM
I restored one for a client several years ago. I had literature then that stated it was manufactured in 1950. Nothing after that though. I currently have the above pump in stock in my "For Sale Pumps" section as my customer went through a divorce and I bought out his collection. Paul www.severngaspumps.com
Posted By: scott1964 Re: Gilbarco sell-a-vision - Fri Sep 29 2017 07:18 PM
Dont see a link to that page Jack?? Thanks for the info guys!

Posted By: scott1964 Re: Gilbarco sell-a-vision - Fri Sep 29 2017 07:20 PM
I would love to have gotten my hands on that tape.. More than likely never see that one again.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk