Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: tbuckles The best penetrating oil I've ever found. - Wed Oct 04 2017 11:45 AM
I know this debate is as classic as Ford vs. Chevy but I've been twisting wrenches and busting knuckles for over 40 years and this is the best I've ever tried.

I know this has been discussed here over the years and everybody has their favorite but I'm just sharing for what's it's worth. I don't have any stake in the company...lol.

If your trying to free up a frozen Veeder Root this stuff is a miracle, however on the down side it stinks really bad. You can find Free All at O'Reilly Auto Parts or order from Amazon

Tom

Attached picture IMG_20171004_33464.jpg
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: The best penetrating oil I've ever found. - Wed Oct 04 2017 11:47 AM
Ill give it a try.
Posted By: BrianH Re: The best penetrating oil I've ever found. - Wed Oct 04 2017 01:26 PM
Well, it can't smell any worse than Kroil or PBblaster, which are my two poisons of choice currently. I'll give that flavor a try Tom, thanks.

Brian H
Posted By: tbuckles Re: The best penetrating oil I've ever found. - Wed Oct 04 2017 01:56 PM
Oh yes, it's worse than Kroil and PB combined...IMO...LOL.
Posted By: ironheadtom Re: The best penetrating oil I've ever found. - Wed Oct 04 2017 10:47 PM
I'll try it too... I read a study somewhere that a bunch of college kids did and they found that 50/50 mix of kerosene and atf worked better than anything they could buy. I used it for a while, but spray can penetrant is just more convenient and it's not like I'm doing this stuff everyday anymore.
Posted By: Speedracer Re: The best penetrating oil I've ever found. - Thu Oct 05 2017 02:09 PM
Thanks for the info Tom, I have one of those big nuts on the light manifold for a 39 that is on its third round of PB blaster over the course of two weeks. And my 5' pipe for leverage isn't working on it either (not sure if that black stuff they filled the conduit with would 'weld' it together).

Anyway, I'll give this a try. Heat will be next. I'll let you know the results when I get back from vacation.

Thanks,
Steve
Posted By: cmeon66 Re: The best penetrating oil I've ever found. - Sat Oct 07 2017 11:47 PM
Tom, I discovered this product about four years ago and said the same thing you did. It is made by a company call Federal Process, Corp. It beats all the others hands down. It also works on old rusty plows and tractors,etc. Norm Huff
Posted By: Old Racer Re: The best penetrating oil I've ever found. - Sun Oct 08 2017 12:11 PM
Thanks Tom!
Posted By: shavron Re: The best penetrating oil I've ever found. - Sun Oct 08 2017 10:03 PM
Tom recommended it to me at Dixi Gas. I can honestly say that it freed up screws and bolts that I've been trying to free up with ON blaster. The Free All did the trick. I went back to O'Reilly and got a 2nd can so I would have an extra on hand.

Thank you Tom!
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: The best penetrating oil I've ever found. - Mon Oct 09 2017 12:05 AM
GONNA GO GET ME SOME O THAT STUFF!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk