Southwest Pump feature questions

Posted by: Bossman

Southwest Pump feature questions - Mon Oct 30 2017 04:28 PM

Good afternoon! I am brand new to this site but I have read several posts. It seems that this is the place to come for answers.
I have a Southwest ok7D that has an odd feature that I'd like to understand a little better. I have had other visible pumps in the past but I've never seen this.
It has a linkage that starts near the base. its a horizontal bar that pivots up and down as it enters through the side of the pump. as it pivots, it pushes up on a long rod that attached to another pivoting horizontal rod that exits the body just under the cylinder base. This pivot raises another vertical rod extending up the side of the cylinder. Attached to the top is another horizontal rod (flat stock) with a small hole at one end. What was this used for?
Posted by: A P Ogle

Re: Southwest Pump feature questions - Mon Oct 30 2017 04:42 PM

Please put a few images on the site to let us all try and figure it out. I've had a few of them but not one with the linkage you have described.

Re: Southwest Pump feature questions - Mon Oct 30 2017 04:54 PM

I'll see what I have really quick

Re: Southwest Pump feature questions - Wed Nov 01 2017 09:28 AM

I don't have the original dome for the top but I'd imagine it would have a slot in the side for the tab at the top of the rod to stick out and operate up and down. There is also a latch on the side near the fuel hose connection. This latch will hold the linkage in the "up" position until it is unlatched. Hopefully someone can share some info on this.
Thanks.