Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Old Racer Clinton Newell from Texas ANYBODY KNOW HIM??? - Thu Nov 02 2017 09:56 AM
On October 7th I listed a visible cylinder for sale, with FREE delivery to Peotone.
http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=118062&Number=696176#Post696176

Three people responded. Two people wanted to pick it up at Peotone. Clinton was the first to PM me and say he wanted it, but wanted it shipped to Texas. So I double boxed it and gave him the shipping price the same day. We had several PM's back and forth that day.

I could have been a jerk and taken the easy way and just said he was not the first to respond and just delivered it to peotone. But I didn't.

I waited two weeks until the 21st and had not received payment so I PM'ed him. he answered that day. He said there was a misunderstanding and would send the check out right away, the 23rd.

Waited until the 29th, STILL NO Check. PM'ed him. No answer....
So I called him, got voice mail.
Emailed him, nothing.
PM'ed him, nothing...

I see HE WAS ONLINE THE 29TH AT 4:28PM. Long after I tried contacting him.

Again on the 31st, PM, Email, called-voicemail. NOTHING.

Again yesterday, NOTHING.

The big thing is I could have delivered it to Peotone and made someone happy, not having to pay shipping. Now they don't want it.
I am sitting with a cylinder boxed in heavy duty double boxes and can't get paid.

Has he done this before? What's his deal?
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: Clinton Newell from Texas ANYBODY KNOW HIM??? - Thu Nov 02 2017 10:02 AM
He's upset many people on here before,including me over the years.
Do a search to see,ID name NOTCHCAD on here.
Posted By: Old Racer Re: Clinton Newell from Texas ANYBODY KNOW HIM??? - Thu Nov 02 2017 10:39 AM
Originally Posted By Cold Pizza
He's upset many people on here before,including me over the years.
Do a search to see,ID name NOTCHCAD on here.

I see what you mean Rick. A lot of problems with this guy.
What does it take to get someone banned from the forum?
This has been going on for years.....
We don't need a guy like this on here.
In my 72 years I have NEVER screwed anyone.

Thanks Rick.
Posted By: Bill jr Re: Clinton Newell from Texas ANYBODY KNOW HIM??? - Thu Nov 02 2017 11:15 AM
Had him do the same to me a couple years ago
Posted By: Catauladave Re: Clinton Newell from Texas ANYBODY KNOW HIM??? - Thu Nov 02 2017 11:35 AM
I am wondering if this is your Clinton Newell ? This Clinton Newell lives in Texas. This could explain it. This is from a public Face Book page. Dave

Attached picture 21618040_10155721414497380_7733753045031403512_n.jpg
Posted By: Morgan Re: Clinton Newell from Texas ANYBODY KNOW HIM??? - Thu Nov 02 2017 11:44 AM
Yep, that's Clinton. Not sure what happened to the guy but he got the gas bug and got in way over his head. Buying everything he could and committing to buy more but couldn't follow through.

He blocked me on facebook, I think because I bought some signs he couldn't pay for.

I think he's a nice enough guy but just has a problem keeping his word. A character flaw. And for that, needs to be banned.
Posted By: Ron Scobie Re: Clinton Newell from Texas ANYBODY KNOW HIM??? - Thu Nov 02 2017 11:59 AM
Dropped him in 2012 for just that.
Check out this post from 2013.
https://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=387603&page=1

Ron
He is the biggest LIEING ***** you will ever deal with!!!! This is his normal mode of operation, hit you up first thing to get you to make a deal, then drag it out, then lie about payment. The he just ignores you. DO NOT DEAL WITH CLINTON NEWELL!!
Posted By: Old Racer Re: Clinton Newell from Texas ANYBODY KNOW HIM??? - Thu Nov 02 2017 12:56 PM
Received PM's from three people who I guess don't want to go public who say he is a bad guy to deal with.
WHY is he still here?????

I don't get it. A lot of praise from regulars and old timers back in 2013. What happened?????
Posted By: Morgan Re: Clinton Newell from Texas ANYBODY KNOW HIM??? - Thu Nov 02 2017 04:44 PM
In 4 years, lots. Split sheets with his long time girlfriend, tried starting his own business, committed to buying way too many pumps/signs/globes from lots of people and couldn't come through with payment. Left too many people hanging.

He and I always got along great then he got butthurt over the signs deal he couldn't complete. His screw up.

It's too bad really. I think he's a compulsive hoarder who over extended. I hope he somehow gets himself back on track but I know some bridges got burnt beyond repair.
Posted By: Old Racer Re: Clinton Newell from Texas ANYBODY KNOW HIM??? - Thu Nov 02 2017 06:33 PM
Hey guys don't p.m. me PM Jim Potts.
Posted By: Old Racer Re: Clinton Newell from Texas ANYBODY KNOW HIM??? - Thu Nov 02 2017 06:36 PM
Guys don't PM me, PM Jim Potts.
Maybe if he hears from enough guys who got screwed he will take care of it.
There's nothing I can do except sympathize with you. I just feel a man is only as good as his word. I'm done. Mic drop.
Posted By: KZ1000 Re: Clinton Newell from Texas ANYBODY KNOW HIM??? - Thu Nov 02 2017 11:30 PM
I remember when he did get booted off oldgas for doing what he always did, but after several people stood up for him he was back. Only to start the ***** again.
Posted By: hawkike Re: Clinton Newell from Texas ANYBODY KNOW HIM??? - Sat Nov 04 2017 03:35 PM
I once heard-- "picture is worth a thousand words"

wink .
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk