Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: john deere 6430 Wayne 70 Face Bezel & Trim - Wed Nov 08 2017 12:41 AM
Has anyone used the reproduction face bezel frame or face trim from Gas Pump Heaven on a Wayne 70? The face trim I got from them does not seem to have the same dimensions as the original. I have the original face bezels but as always the pieces that hold the screws are missing and hard to get to stay in the bezel frame. Thanks
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: Wayne 70 Face Bezel & Trim - Wed Nov 08 2017 06:20 AM
Because Wayne many versions of the 70, you should go to my website and click on the 70 that most looks like your 70,

http://petrolianacollectibles.com/wayne%20pumps.htm

then let us know what you need.

Jack Sim
Posted By: john deere 6430 Re: Wayne 70 Face Bezel & Trim - Wed Nov 08 2017 11:39 PM
When I look at the pictures mine appears to be the Wayne 70 site glass above face and the color picture with W70S-05 beside it. I talked with gas Pump Heaven today and they said they had not had any problems with the face trim on the Wayne 70. When you hold the original trim beside the trim from them the new trim is about 1/8" to big which keeps the trim from holding the glass in the face. It will be hard to cut off the extra 1/8" and keep a true edge on that thin sheet metal so I may try to strip and paint the original. Also their bezels do not match mine so I am going to have to fix the threaded pieces on mine.
Posted By: Done4 Re: Wayne 70 Face Bezel & Trim - Thu Nov 09 2017 12:04 AM
Used Gas Pump Heavens stuff on a ton of 70's and never had an issue. You know what they say "no pic it never happened".
Posted By: john deere 6430 Re: Wayne 70 Face Bezel & Trim - Sat Nov 18 2017 12:15 AM
I have attached a picture with the Gas pump Heaven trim beside the original. When you align the two pieces you can see the difference. More noticeable where the trim holds the glass in the bezel.

Attached picture gas pump trim.JPG
Posted By: gasmansgp Re: Wayne 70 Face Bezel & Trim - Sat Nov 18 2017 12:31 PM
In my experience, having restored hundreds of gas pumps, no two are exactly the same. Even though they are from the same run, Wayne 70, there are always things that need to be tweaked. I am happy that there are folks out there that make very good parts which I can then adjust for my the pump I happen to be working on at the time. Without them, you would be in a bind. As I said before, use some common sense and you will figure it out. Paul www.severngaspumps.com
Posted By: john deere 6430 Re: Wayne 70 Face Bezel & Trim - Sun Nov 19 2017 11:10 AM
I did not realize that there were as many different makes of the same piece on the Wayne 70. It is nice that they are making items that are close to the original. I ended up taking the original face trim and stripping, priming and painting. These worked a lot better on my pump.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk