Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: tred driveway gas price sign question... - Thu Dec 07 2017 08:00 AM
i just picked up a real nice texaco driveway sign which is NOS.
i'm on the hunt for the correct numbers and i think i found them, but my question is what type of "hardware" was used to mount the numbers? i can't find anything online with any detail.

thank you in advance,
tred
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: driveway gas price sign question... - Thu Dec 07 2017 09:14 AM
We welcome you to this site, but I believe most guys here on OG will say, 'What are you asking about?"
What driveway sign?
What numbers?
Hardware?
A picture would really help us to answer your quest.

We are really a very nice bunch of guys who are willing to help others who are new to this hobby. To post a picture on this site takes a little bit of work, but once you follow all the information actually it is very easy. First, make sure your image is a jpeg., then follow the info found here:

http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=657757#Post657757

Go down to the last post and carefully follow the instructoons.

Once you figure it out you can post a picture here in about three minutes.

JACK SIM
Posted By: tred Re: driveway gas price sign question... - Thu Dec 07 2017 01:23 PM
thank you but i'm neither new to this hobby nor this site.

does anyone own one of these? there was actually another one for sale on here a couple years ago...
Posted By: Oldgas Re: driveway gas price sign question... - Thu Dec 07 2017 02:09 PM
This is not a Texaco sign, but here is a generic price sign showing the hardware that holds the numbers. They pull up and snap down to change the numbers.

Description: price sign number retainer hardware
Attached picture pricesign.jpg
Posted By: reb Re: driveway gas price sign question... - Thu Dec 07 2017 09:49 PM
The Texaco Signs & Miscellaneous Standards Book states "No. 10x1/2" long R.H. Aluminum Mach. screws, washers and wing nuts shall be furnished by supplier for mounting numerals on sign."
Posted By: tred Re: driveway gas price sign question... - Thu Dec 07 2017 10:36 PM
thank you everyone for the help
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk