Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: GHH WATCH FOR MULTIPLE STOLEN SIGNS IN NC SC AREA - Tue Jan 09 2018 12:08 PM
This past weekend 1/6-1/7/2018 not one but two local collectors were hit and had numerous signs stolen. I spoke with one of the collectors and he mentioned around 15 signs ( large signs 36" +) were stolen. The other collector had in the neighbor of 20-30 signs stolen from inside his car museum. These were also very large signs and many of them.
I'll try to get a list and post some pictures as I can.
If someone comes to you with multiple signs for little money please let it be known.
I will try to post a list shortly.
Posted By: LOWright Re: WATCH FOR MULTIPLE STOLEN SIGNS IN NC SC AREA - Tue Jan 09 2018 12:47 PM
I seen the one at the car museum on Facebook, it would be nice to see pics of all that were stolen. I had this one stolen, so here's a pic of it...30" double sided. Rare sign.
I'll be on the look out here in Kentucky! These bastards need to be caught! Thanks

Attached picture Dolly Madison 30%22 Ring.jpg
Posted By: Catauladave Re: WATCH FOR MULTIPLE STOLEN SIGNS IN NC SC AREA - Tue Jan 09 2018 01:48 PM
It is sad to say, but stolen stuff rarely surfaces. I think that many "collectors" are so greedy that they will purchase "suspect" signs at low prices. I have seen this in my area. They don't sell that often and their collections are not available to the public for viewing so who is going to know, only close friends of similar character. I do hope these signs surface and the individuals are caught and prosecuted. Good luck. Dave
Posted By: GHH Re: WATCH FOR MULTIPLE STOLEN SIGNS IN NC SC AREA - Tue Jan 09 2018 03:29 PM
I received an update not long after posting that a suspicious call from a restricted number called a collector in TN. The caller had signs that matched what was stolen.
I hope to have pictures soon to post
Posted By: DWSheffer Re: WATCH FOR MULTIPLE STOLEN SIGNS IN NC SC AREA - Tue Jan 09 2018 03:30 PM
Just curious, it sounds like the car museum was broken into, but Owen, was your theft a B and E as well? It's sad but it's one of the reasons I do not post in BOTW much anymore.....
Darin
Posted By: gulfiend! Re: WATCH FOR MULTIPLE STOLEN SIGNS IN NC SC AREA - Tue Jan 09 2018 07:49 PM
...the car museum apparently had no alarm or cameras shocked ...I read on FB that one of the other victims had cameras, and they did their job - so hopefully, these guys will get identified and busted...
Posted By: GHH Re: WATCH FOR MULTIPLE STOLEN SIGNS IN NC SC AREA - Tue Jan 09 2018 10:27 PM
Unfortunately the owner was an old school guy and had neither system on the museum. I understand other places around possibly had cameras that may have caught something.
I was told a large brown truck was seen near the museum ( which is in the middle of nowhere and has almost no traffic). This seems like it was a professional operation as the signs were very large and there was 20-30 signs.
I have had a call this mystery seller with the restricted number also had john deere signs.
Posted By: 57-Chevy Re: WATCH FOR MULTIPLE STOLEN SIGNS IN NC SC AREA - Sat Jan 13 2018 03:44 PM
#3 Update on Thievery Ring in North Carolina, Since this matter has become public, we are hearing about other peoples collections being targeted as far up as Kentucky. Looks like this group has NO BORDERS. With that said......Miles Little is offering a $10.000.00 CASH REWARD, For the ARREST-CONVICTION and RECOVERY of his LOST INVENTORY.
If you have any information, please contact Miles Little at 704-791-1438
Posted By: Corey1955 Re: WATCH FOR MULTIPLE STOLEN SIGNS IN NC SC AREA - Sat Jan 13 2018 04:05 PM
Being a native Kentuckian, he may not get it back if they go on the wrong property. The only phone call will be to the local law enforcement and the county coroner. I will an eye out here in Ohio Incase the items make up this far .
Posted By: redindianguy Re: WATCH FOR MULTIPLE STOLEN SIGNS IN NC SC AREA - Sat Jan 13 2018 04:23 PM
its a very sad day when a guy like Miles has his stuff stolen . I have had the pleasure of meeting him several times at Charlotte and other shows . He is a class gentleman , very sorry to here of this . He went out of his way to make a Canadian feel very welcome in the Usa .
Posted By: poleman Re: WATCH FOR MULTIPLE STOLEN SIGNS IN NC SC AREA - Sat Jan 13 2018 07:01 PM
Anybody have a list of what was stolen?
Posted By: 57-Chevy Re: WATCH FOR MULTIPLE STOLEN SIGNS IN NC SC AREA - Sat Jan 13 2018 08:45 PM
I’ll try and get a list, Miles’ place was not the only one hit. Sonny Beachum’s car museum in Ansonville, NC also got hit. I’ve been told they got about 60 signs and gas pumps at the museum. A lot of the signs were hung about 20 feet in the air. They must have spent a lot of time there!
Posted By: 57-Chevy Re: WATCH FOR MULTIPLE STOLEN SIGNS IN NC SC AREA - Sun Jan 14 2018 12:59 AM
Here's the list from Miles'

48" HC Sinclair (8 cond.)
5 foot Oval Esso "Standard Dealer" (8 cond.)
(2) 42" Texaco Gasoline/Motor Oil w/ Black T (8 cond.)
29" Phillips 66 curb sign (8/9 cond.)
36" Golden Shell Motor Oil DS (9 cond.)
Texaco Motor Oil w/ champhered corners (9 cond.)
42" Esso (script) and Standard on other side (8 cond.)
Texaco Farm Lubricant in Wood Frame (8/9 cond.)
Large Firestone flange w/ tire approx. 32-34" (7 cond.)
Rare Colonial Ethyl w/ champhered corners in original frame w/ 18" pipe (9 cond)
6' x 2' John Deere 4 legged Deere jumping over log
42" Early 1920's Shell Gasoline
Rare Coke Fountain Service (green/red with diagonal line through it) approx 22-24" square and Art-Deco

He has pictures of all these signs too but I don't have them yet.
Posted By: Tankar Re: WATCH FOR MULTIPLE STOLEN SIGNS IN NC SC AREA - Sun Jan 14 2018 01:39 AM
I will keep an eye out here in Minnesota. Probably won't make it this far north but they might.
Posted By: TN Volunteer Re: WATCH FOR MULTIPLE STOLEN SIGNS IN NC SC AREA - Sun Jan 14 2018 03:03 AM
I wonder if Dom is back? He use to drive around with a rental truck of some sorts back 15 plus years ago?
Posted By: gaspumpfrank Re: WATCH FOR MULTIPLE STOLEN SIGNS IN NC SC AREA - Sun Jan 14 2018 12:40 PM
We will keep a look out here in Eastern North Carolina.
Posted By: poleman Re: WATCH FOR MULTIPLE STOLEN SIGNS IN NC SC AREA - Sun Jan 14 2018 12:50 PM
Thanks Mike for the list there is a up coming auto swap meet this next week end I'll be there and will look for any of the signs.
Posted By: Speedracer Re: WATCH FOR MULTIPLE STOLEN SIGNS IN NC SC AREA - Sun Jan 14 2018 03:02 PM
Ralph, you should bring Owen, Miles, and the older gentlemans number with you, so you can text them pics, while you are there (before the show is over and the guy is gone). That way you can quietly call the police while your at the show, if they happen to turn up there.

Just a suggestion,
Steve
Posted By: poleman Re: WATCH FOR MULTIPLE STOLEN SIGNS IN NC SC AREA - Sun Jan 14 2018 05:45 PM
That's the plan to be very discrete if any of them are found. I have Owen's and Miles number,but don't have Sonny's (the car museum owner) Anybody have a contact number for him? THANKS
Posted By: 57-Chevy Re: WATCH FOR MULTIPLE STOLEN SIGNS IN NC SC AREA - Mon Jan 15 2018 02:08 PM
Pictures of Miles' signs!

Attached picture IMG_1053.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1057.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1054.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1055.JPG
Posted By: 57-Chevy Re: WATCH FOR MULTIPLE STOLEN SIGNS IN NC SC AREA - Mon Jan 15 2018 02:09 PM
More

Attached picture IMG_1056.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1058.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1059.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1060.JPG
Posted By: 57-Chevy Re: WATCH FOR MULTIPLE STOLEN SIGNS IN NC SC AREA - Mon Jan 15 2018 02:10 PM
Last two

Attached picture IMG_1061.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1062.JPG
Posted By: ironheadtom Re: WATCH FOR MULTIPLE STOLEN SIGNS IN NC SC AREA - Mon Jan 15 2018 04:25 PM
Man that's sad. A lot of time and effort to acquire some of those. I hope they catch the aholes
Posted By: trifiver Re: WATCH FOR MULTIPLE STOLEN SIGNS IN NC SC AREA - Mon Jan 15 2018 05:00 PM
Makes me Sad & mad mad

If the bottom Feeders are found I have a Excavator

Sid
Posted By: poleman Re: WATCH FOR MULTIPLE STOLEN SIGNS IN NC SC AREA - Mon Jan 15 2018 06:33 PM
Hey, Mike THANKS for the Pictures I'll be on the lookout.
Posted By: 57-Chevy Re: WATCH FOR MULTIPLE STOLEN SIGNS IN NC SC AREA - Thu Jan 25 2018 01:58 AM
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk