Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Oldgas Forum Offline Tonight at 8 pm central, big upgrade - Mon Jan 22 2018 06:08 PM
!! The Oldgas.com Shop Talk forum system will be offline this evening about 8 pm central time for an important upgrade.

The upgrade will enable uploading of pictures directly into your posts with no resizing!

The new software will automatically adjust to be compatible with mobile devices so it will display much better on various smaller size screens.

We hope to be back in operation in a hour, but there will be some configuration needed to get the image upload function to work after the forum is up and running.

Thanks for your support and patience. You're going to like the new improvements.
😀. That makes me happy!!!!!!
Posted By: Tankar Re: Forum Offline Tonight at 8 pm central, big upgrade - Mon Jan 22 2018 07:56 PM
Sounds great jim
Posted By: Mike M. Re: Forum Offline Tonight at 8 pm central, big upgrade - Mon Jan 22 2018 07:59 PM
Thanks Jim, Sounds awesome!
Posted By: Done4 Re: Forum Offline Tonight at 8 pm central, big upgrade - Mon Jan 22 2018 08:32 PM
Great Jim, no more excuses for "no pics" !
Posted By: BrianH Re: Forum Offline Tonight at 8 pm central, big upgrade - Mon Jan 22 2018 09:50 PM
Awesome Jim. Sounds like some good upgrades in the works.

BrianH
YAY !!!
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Forum Offline Tonight at 8 pm central, big upgrade - Tue Jan 23 2018 12:02 AM
I've been after getting this image upload improvement for over a decade. The software company has finally come through for all of us. More good things coming in the upgrade.

I've always said that doing code work on the forum is like changing a tire on an 18-wheeler while it's going down the highway. This time we have to pull the forum over to the side of the road for a pit stop tonight to make some deep changes.
Sounds like it will be well worth the effort , make it easy for every one .
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Forum Offline Tonight at 8 pm central, big upgrade - Tue Jan 23 2018 05:43 AM
The upgrade didn't happen because of a technical difficulty.
Hopefully, we'll try again soon.
Either way, thank you Jim for improving the website for all of us. It'll be nice to be able to load pics easier. I feel we are going to see a lot more pics in the near future and no one will have to use photobucket, or similar sites where pictures can disappear over time. We will be building a real good digital database from here on out.

Thanks for your hard work on keeping this great website going. I am looking forward to the upgrade.
-Steve
The upgrade hasn't happened yet. Going to schedule another time, hopefully soon.
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Forum Offline Tonight at 8 pm central, big upgrade - Tue Jan 23 2018 04:57 PM
We're scheduled again for a forum shutdown to enable the upgrade tonight at 8 pm central time 1/23/2018
Posted By: eshaver Re: Forum Offline Tonight at 8 pm central, big upgrade - Tue Jan 23 2018 05:39 PM
Hey, this is SPECTACULAR news ! I haven't been able to share pictures because Photobucket has decided it wants most of my pension every month . Now yall can see what is in store for the Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens miniatures show I'm working on for This CHRISTMAS season opening November 2018 !!!!!
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Forum Offline Tonight at 8 pm central, big upgrade - Wed Jan 24 2018 02:55 AM
Back online. I'm working on some configuration of the new photo upload functions.

I'll let you know when it's ready.
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Forum Offline Tonight at 8 pm central, big upgrade - Wed Jan 24 2018 04:52 AM
Found some old code/new code incompatibility after the upgrade. I'll have to go through lots of code lines on each forum category to work out some bugs.
The General Petroliana Discussion forum is ready for the new direct upload with no resizing. I should be able to get the other forums compatible with the new upload code in the next couple hours.

Here's a 2.5 gig photo right out of my camera. It was resized by the new forum software automatically as it was uploaded. Sweet. Working on how it displays.

Attached picture DSCN3747.JPG
Jim, This is sweet!!!! Pictures are much easier now! Great job.

PURE and simple... Lol

-Steve

Attached picture image.jpeg
Holy HUGE photo's Batman!!!!

I'm using Google Chrome and the entire site appears different. Going to take some getting used to. I feel like I"m zoomed in or something. Here's a screen grab of me typing this post. I'm not a fan at the moment but I'm sure it will be fine. And if people can now upload pics easily well then it's worth it.

Attached picture Screen Shot 01-24-18 at 03.42 AM.JPG
Posted By: eshaver Re: Forum Offline Tonight at 8 pm central, big upgrade - Wed Jan 24 2018 01:02 PM
OK , where or what buttons do I need to press to up load a picture ?
Originally Posted by eshaver

Select 'Use full editor' below the reply box, click on 'Attachment manager' under the post options box, then click on 'select a file to attach', then locate a photo in your files and select 'open.'
Jim,

I know you are still tweaking the upgrade. Just curious if there is a way to edit pictures and make them smaller, if we want to. And is there a way to turn them 90 degrees if they are sideways.

-Steve
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Forum Offline Tonight at 8 pm central, big upgrade - Wed Jan 24 2018 02:00 PM

On a Reply, click the button "Use Full Editor"

On the Full Editor Reply or New Topic screen, scroll down below the post icons and click on "Attachment Manager"

Use the Attachment Manager popup window to navigate on your device to select your photo.

I'll make up some instructions soon.

Steven, we're still in "classic mode" but the entire programming that lays out the pages is completely different. I'll try out some themes in the coming days and weeks to find a look that is comfortable on various devices. The big difference is the layout of pages will vary greatly depending on whether they are viewed on a big computer or a phone.
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Forum Offline Tonight at 8 pm central, big upgrade - Wed Jan 24 2018 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by Speedracer
Jim, I know you are still tweaking the upgrade. Just curious if there is a way to edit pictures and make them smaller, if we want to. And is there a way to turn them 90 degrees if they are sideways.
-Steve

Steve,

Click on a large picture and it should popup in a new smaller overlay window. The popup window has a rotate button to temporarily rotate a sideways photo.

Still learning and working on the options in the new software.
Thanks for all your hard work Jim.
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Forum Offline Tonight at 8 pm central, big upgrade - Wed Jan 24 2018 08:12 PM
Thanks, Duane.
I told Ryan that this upgrade is like jacking up a '57 Chevy body off the frame and putting it back down on a Tesla chassis. Might look similar on the outside, but under the hood is something else.
wink Jim
old people don't like change but I seem too be finding my way around
a improvement too the home away from home- thanks Jim .. ... cool
Wow, these changes seem to have really messed my viewing the site on my phone. Not a fan of that!

I always view the site through the portal page and I would have the active thread list down the right side. That list is no longer there.
how do i find my old for sale posts? charley
Originally Posted by hornsrus

http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=userposts&id=20913

.. ... cool
Originally Posted by hornsrus

Click on your name in a post and choose "Show Posts" from the drop down menu.

Or click on your name on the upper right where you click to login. Then click on your avatar graphic to see your Profile. Click on the "Show Posts" button in your Profile
Originally Posted by Steven C.
Wow, these changes seem to have really messed my viewing the site on my phone. Not a fan of that!
I always view the site through the portal page and I would have the active thread list down the right side. That list is no longer there.

That column is still there Steven. If you could take a screenshot and post it, maybe I could figure it out.

In the mean time, I recommend clicking on "Active Threads" on the menu bar to see the latest posts with the latest comments. Great spot to stay on top of forum activity.
I spoke too soon, Steven. The Portal page display all depends on the width of your screen. After checking some phones, the right and left columns of the Portal page disappear when displayed on many phones in vertical or horizontal mode. Sorry about that. When I look into alternate themes, I'll see if there is any way we can get those sidebar columns to show back up on phones.
I M with Steve C on the phone view restrictions. Looking forward to you changes Jim.
Thanks for your hard work on the updates Jim - the photo change will be huge for the site! I'm sure all the other variances will be fine tuned and/or adjusted to in due time! Appreciate your efforts for all us!
I think this site is a lot easier to maneuver around now. And way easy to post pictures. Now I can use my i phone , before I always had to use my desk top and use image shack .
Now If only I could figure out , how to change my avatar . I hope that we as a group can promote this site which I firmly believe will promote the hobby as a whole
Thank you Jim for all you do . Hopefully this will make it easier for more new comers to the hobby .

Nelson
Originally Posted by HI-OCTANE
Now If only I could figure out , how to change my avatar . Nelson

Nelson,
Send me a picture you want in your avatar and I'll make it work for you. Click on my name in this post, and choose "View Profile." Click on my email address in my Profile and send the picture as an attachment.
JP
Posted By: keithia Re: Forum Offline Tonight at 8 pm central, big upgrade - Fri Jan 26 2018 01:14 AM
Couple of issues I am having is in the forums the folders on the left hand side use to turn yellow if there was a new post I had not seen in a topic. Now they are all white and I can't tell if there is a new post in a topic. Other issue is all the new pictures I see are pixalated but the old post pictures are fine. I guess I will adapt over time. Otherwise updates are great!!
For me being the low Tech kind of guy that I am the changes have been great, much easier . Just now to be able to simply use my I phone pictures without resizing has been a big improvement . Thank you Jim
Originally Posted by Oldgas Moderator
Originally Posted by HI-OCTANE
Now If only I could figure out , how to change my avatar . Nelson

Nelson,
Send me a picture you want in your avatar and I'll make it work for you. Click on my name in this post, and choose "View Profile." Click on my email address in my Profile and send the picture as an attachment.
JP

Jim, I am not seeing your email address for some reason
Posted By: eshaver Re: Forum Offline Tonight at 8 pm central, big upgrade - Fri Jan 26 2018 02:34 AM
I tried to post a picture and nothing works . Oh well , back to Facebook ......
Test...hey it works. smile

Attached picture sunoco pump.jpg
Posting pics is about as easy as it gets now, just hope the quality and sizing will be improved over time. Otherwise the details/quality are so bad photos won't be much good. The resizing program worked well before and was pretty simple IMO, although many complained. Guess it has to do with how savvy you are on a computer.
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Forum Offline Tonight at 8 pm central, big upgrade - Fri Jan 26 2018 03:18 AM
The new image upload does leave something to be desired in sharpness. I'm going to work with the software developer to see if that can be configured better. The old Resize Tool is still operational, if you'd prefer to use it to get sharper output. Let me know if don't have the Resize Tool bookmarked and you need the link.
Jim,

I would like the link to the old resize tool please. I hope the developers can work with you on the 'digitization' or pixilation of these new pictures. It is almost as if it shrinks the file to a very small KB size and then enlarges it too much when posted.

It would be very hard to purchase items for sale with the quality of the new pictures.

...And this is constructive criticism, I am not complaining, I just would rather use the old tool for now. I love this site and am on it very often. I am grateful for all that you do to keep this site the great site that it is. It is extremely useful and has tons of invaluable information for all of us.

I prefer the old way, due to the quality (for now) until the issue is resolved. It was worth the extra work, to have the quality.

And we all know this is a work in progress and takes time (as if you don't have other things to do). Hopefully you can resolve the issue with the software developers.

Thanks again for all that you do,
Steve
Same here Jim, I would like the link to the resize tool....
Thanks,
Darin
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Forum Offline Tonight at 8 pm central, big upgrade - Fri Jan 26 2018 02:48 PM
I'm working with the software developer on the image processing. He admits there is a bug to be resolved.
I reconfigured to use a backup image processor, GD2, that doesn't appear to have that bug. The resize/compress results are much better. Give the new setup another try.

Comparison of different settings here:
http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=703343&#Post703343

Let's see how this one looks

Attached picture IMG_20150325_131734_011.jpg
Attached picture DSCN6777.JPG
I just reposted my button pics in that thread, much better quality Jim.
Thanks,
Darin
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Forum Offline Tonight at 8 pm central, big upgrade - Fri Jan 26 2018 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by keithia
Couple of issues I am having is in the forums the folders on the left hand side use to turn yellow if there was a new post I had not seen in a topic. Now they are all white and I can't tell if there is a new post in a topic. Other issue is all the new pictures I see are pixalated but the old post pictures are fine. I guess I will adapt over time. Otherwise updates are great!!

The new post/old post folder color notification is still supposed to work. It does for me. Could be a "cookie" issue. Cookies can be helpful by keeping you logged in and showing what topics you've seen. Do this:

* Login and click on your user name at that upper right login spot. Choose "Cookies" from the bottom of the drop-down menu.
* On the cookies page, click on the "Expire Cookies" button. That will log you out and refresh your computer's "cookie" memory of what topics you've seen and which you haven't yet.

Let me know if that doesn't work out.
Originally Posted by DWSheffer
I just reposted my button pics in that thread, much better quality Jim.
Thanks,
Darin

I reposted some pics in the test area as well. No more pixilation issue - great job Jim. No more issues.

Now it's easy for others to upload pics AND they look great. Website looks great.

Keep up the good work,
Steve
Great job! I did the same!
Posted By: eshaver Re: Forum Offline Tonight at 8 pm central, big upgrade - Sat Jan 27 2018 02:27 AM
I dunno , still nothing when I'm trying to up load ....
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Forum Offline Tonight at 8 pm central, big upgrade - Sat Jan 27 2018 02:35 AM
I dunno , still nothing when I'm trying to up load ....

You don't see the popup window when you click on the Attachment Manager?

If so, you may have JavaScript blocked in your browser's security settings.
Posted By: RandyM Re: Forum Offline Tonight at 8 pm central, big upgrade - Sat Jan 27 2018 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by Oldgas
Originally Posted by keithia

The new post/old post folder color notification is still supposed to work. It does for me. Could be a "cookie" issue. Cookies can be helpful by keeping you logged in and showing what topics you've seen. Do this:

* Login and click on your user name at that upper right login spot. Choose "Cookies" from the bottom of the drop-down menu.
* On the cookies page, click on the "Expire Cookies" button. That will log you out and refresh your computer's "cookie" memory of what topics you've seen and which you haven't yet.

Let me know if that doesn't work out.

Just to let you know. The whole look and feel of the site is completely different depending on the browser you are using. I see a completely different look in edge than I do in IE. It looks like all the features are there, they just look different. Don't know if this helps any.
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Forum Offline Tonight at 8 pm central, big upgrade - Sat Jan 27 2018 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by RandyM
Just to let you know. The whole look and feel of the site is completely different depending on the browser you are using. I see a completely different look in edge than I do in IE. It looks like all the features are there, they just look different. Don't know if this helps any.

You are absolutely right, Randy. The old software still used some 1990's technology, while the new is closer to current tech. One of the big differences is all the different ways that users view Web content. Some are on phones and all they way up to wide screen TV sets. The content now is fluid rather than defined. It is as if we used to serve you beverages in cans and now you bring your own container and we just pour into it. Different devices and browsers are going to show content with some differences.

Internet Explorer and now Edge browsers have always had their own way of dealing with new Web technology, not using the Web standards. I try to check everything with different devices and browser software, but there is no way I can replicate everything. We now offer different themes that users can change to their own taste. Click on the menu near the bottom of the page to change style themes. Right now it says, "UBBCentral - Zen"

----------------

The image processing function has greatly improved since the upgrade, with pixilation blotchy patches now almost gone. A new bug fix is on the way from the software developer to bump uploaded image quality up a step.

Thanks for the patience from all our users during this upgrade process. We're now using current century technology with a few bumps along the way.

Attached picture style-show-hide.jpg
Jim, thanks for ALL OF THE TIME you're devoting and THE EXPENSE you're incurring to make these improvements to Old Gas. Things are really looking good, especially with the new photo upload system. It's great to see the good-sized photos being posted, and in some cases, by guys who never mastered the old photo system!

A question: With regard to the "theme-style" selection found at the bottom of each page (what you referred to in your post above). Is there a way to lock in a change in the theme-style? For example, if I feel my viewing experience is better with one of the style choices other than "UBBCentral Zone-Zen", can I do something to make another theme-style MY default? I did select another style, but then it went back to UBBCentral Zone-Zen, when I opened a different page on Old Gas.

THANK YOU, again. John.
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Forum Offline Tonight at 8 pm central, big upgrade - Sat Jan 27 2018 08:47 PM
John, thanks for the kind words.

The theme selection you make should stay with you after your current user session. Take a look in your Preferences.

* Click on your user name in the upper right of this page. Choose "Preferences" from the drop-down menu.
* Scroll down a little to: "Your Preferred Forum Style (aka Skin/Theme)"
* The theme you chose should show there. Clicking the menu will show all available themes.
* Click the "Preview" button to try out the look of themes in a new window
* Go back to your original window with the Preferences and click "Save Changes" at the bottom of that page

If the theme doesn't stay with you in future sessions, let me know. There may be another issue.
Posted By: keithia Re: Forum Offline Tonight at 8 pm central, big upgrade - Sun Jan 28 2018 01:14 AM
Refreshed my cookies and holy smokes it looks totally different now!! Lots of new features showing now that did not before. I really like it now!!
Phone view still not cool imo. Column view okay, but reverts back every time you refresh page.
Also, doesn't view same as desktop page. In the past, when viewed on my phone, the site looked identicle to my desktop computer at home. Is it possible to view same as desktop instead of phone mode??

I messed around with color pallets, thrilled that I was able to return colors to the way they used to be. That was cool!!
I feel like I'm back home again. cool
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Forum Offline Tonight at 8 pm central, big upgrade - Mon Jan 29 2018 03:28 PM
Steve, The new software senses what device is being used and it automatically adjusts the display to the screen size of that device. Right now, I don't see a way to override that. There is still much to learn on my end.

For now, I recommend holding a phone horizontally to view the Portal page because the content there is so wide in 3 column mode. I'll continue to look for a way to improve the Portal page layout on phones.
Keithia,

I agree!! Wow this is great!! I love it, its so easy to navigate! Thank you Jim!
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Forum Offline Tonight at 8 pm central, big upgrade - Tue Jan 30 2018 04:01 AM
Originally Posted by bsplichal95
Keithia, I agree!! Wow this is great!! I love it, its so easy to navigate! Thank you Jim!

Thanks for the kind words, Braden. I enjoy the effort I put in, knowing that a lot of enthusiasts appreciate it. This site is only as good as the people make it who participate in sharing pictures, knowledge and the fun of the hobby. Thanks to all who make this site what it is.
Hi again, Jim. I also should have noted earlier how nifty it is to have the updated software show me the headlines of threads that are new since I last logged on in bold type. That makes browsing the various forums a lot quicker and more efficient for me. Thanks again for all your effort to improve the Old Gas "experience". John
Jim,

My 'Petroliana News' thread still displays in the old format on my phone. So I checked my computer and it was the same.

I just wanted to make you aware, unless there is something wrong on my end.

-Steve
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Forum Offline Tonight at 8 pm central, big upgrade - Tue Feb 06 2018 02:43 PM
Steve, we are delivering the Petroliana News forum with the new upgraded software. Sometimes web content is cached by Internet service providers or on local computers. On a computer, hold down your "Shift" key and click the circle-arrow icon on your browser to do a forced reload to bypass the cache.
Jim,

I finally got around to trying this and unfortunately it did not work. I tried doing it on the petroliana news page and when on a different page. I also deleted all history including cached data and files and it is still in the old format. Not a big deal, it just looks different than the other pages.

-Steve

Here is a screenshot...

Attached picture screenshot.PNG
Posted By: RandyM Re: Forum Offline Tonight at 8 pm central, big upgrade - Fri Feb 16 2018 12:39 PM
Jim,

I finally got around to trying this and unfortunately it did not work. I tried doing it on the petroliana news page and when on a different page. I also deleted all history including cached data and files and it is still in the old format. Not a big deal, it just looks different than the other pages.

-Steve

Here is a screenshot...

Yeah, I see the same thing on both my computers, one is IE and the other is Edge. It is just that section only. I agree with Steve, not a big deal, just different than the rest of the site.
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Forum Offline Tonight at 8 pm central, big upgrade - Fri Feb 16 2018 02:26 PM
The style of forum is controlled by the choices shown at the bottom of the page and also in your "Preferences"

Look at the bottom of the page to see how the style choice is set. It will be just above the Google Custom Search box near the bottom of the page.
If the style box says, "ubbthreads stock" that is the classic old style, click on that to change it to what you prefer.

"UBBCentral Zen" is the default style, but you can choose any style you prefer

Description: Style choice menu. Click to see more choices.
Attached picture style-show-hide.jpg
Posted By: nebrgas Re: Forum Offline Tonight at 8 pm central, big upgrade - Fri Feb 16 2018 03:31 PM
The top of my page looks the same as Speedracer's screenshot above. Is that what it's supposed to look like? Looks like you should be able to scroll down, but unable to do?

Thanks
Since the upgrade I been looking for the ebay magnifying glass icon box. It was at bottom of every page now I have to click on auction page. Didn't get it back till yesterday due to having a ad blocker running on that page. Any one still have the box at bottom of forum pages let me know ,maybe I have more work to do.
Maybe this will help others that is computer challenged as I. Small price to pay for the upgrades ,thanks Jim.
Posted By: RandyM Re: Forum Offline Tonight at 8 pm central, big upgrade - Fri Feb 16 2018 06:46 PM
The style of forum is controlled by the choices shown at the bottom of the page and also in your "Preferences"

Look at the bottom of the page to see how the style choice is set. It will be just above the Google Custom Search box near the bottom of the page.
If the style box says, "ubbthreads stock" that is the classic old style, click on that to change it to what you prefer.

"UBBCentral Zen" is the default style, but you can choose any style you prefer

Jim,

I just double checked and everything is as you say it should be and I still see the old style in that section. The rest of the site is fine, it is just this one section no matter what machine or browser I use. I am using the default selections as you suggest.
Jim and others with the same issue,

To fix the screen from the old to the new look (if one of your topics is stuck in the old format), it had to do with the "UBBCentral - Zen" setting, like Jim mentioned. This setting was already displayed at the bottom, but I still had the old style theme displayed on my "Petroliana News" page.

To change it, I simply switched to "UBBCentral - Mocha" (any of them will probably work, just pick one) and then back to "UBBCentral - Zen".

Bingo - all fixed, in the new format. (and it fixes all devices that you visit the site with, when logged in - e.g. it fixed my phone view also)

Hope this helps others,
Steve

And I agree with Loyd, these are all small peanuts compared to the great new format and look of the site. GREAT JOB JIM and thanks for the help!!
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Forum Offline Tonight at 8 pm central, big upgrade - Fri Feb 16 2018 07:13 PM
Thanks, Steve, for that workaround fix. Sometimes computers do things that don't make human sense. Glad it worked out for you.
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Forum Offline Tonight at 8 pm central, big upgrade - Fri Feb 16 2018 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by Loyd Pierce
Since the upgrade I been looking for the ebay magnifying glass icon box. It was at bottom of every page now I have to click on auction page. Didn't get it back till yesterday due to having a ad blocker running on that page. Any one still have the box at bottom of forum pages let me know ,maybe I have more work to do.
Maybe this will help others that is computer challenged as I. Small price to pay for the upgrades ,thanks Jim.

Loyd,
The eBay searchbox that is called by clicking the magnifying glass icon is an older technology that clashes with the new forum upgrade software. Since it can no longer appear on forum pages, it is now only shown on our eBay Auction Watch page:
http://www.oldgas.com/ebaystatus.html

The eBay searchbox is vital for the financial health of this site. Members use it to look up items and bid on them, really helping pay the bills for Oldgas.com. Thanks! But eBay has not been helpful in updating the searchbox code to be dependable and compatible. I'll continue to look for solutions for this.
Posted By: RandyM Re: Forum Offline Tonight at 8 pm central, big upgrade - Sat Feb 17 2018 02:57 PM
Jim and others with the same issue,

To fix the screen from the old to the new look (if one of your topics is stuck in the old format), it had to do with the "UBBCentral - Zen" setting, like Jim mentioned. This setting was already displayed at the bottom, but I still had the old style theme displayed on my "Petroliana News" page.

To change it, I simply switched to "UBBCentral - Mocha" (any of them will probably work, just pick one) and then back to "UBBCentral - Zen".

Bingo - all fixed, in the new format. (and it fixes all devices that you visit the site with, when logged in - e.g. it fixed my phone view also)

Hope this helps others,
Steve

And I agree with Loyd, these are all small peanuts compared to the great new format and look of the site. GREAT JOB JIM and thanks for the help!!

Thanks Steve. I missed this little detail the first time. I am good go now.

And yes, A big THANK YOU to Jim and all that he does to make this place so great!
Jim, I know you are still tweaking the upgrade. Just curious if there is a way to edit pictures and make them smaller, if we want to. And is there a way to turn them 90 degrees if they are sideways.
-Steve

Steve,

Click on a large picture and it should popup in a new smaller overlay window. The popup window has a rotate button to temporarily rotate a sideways photo.

Still learning and working on the options in the new software.

Jim,

I was just wondering if you found a way to turn photos 90 degrees yet, PRIOR to posting them (in case they come out wrong in a post and I want to go back and edit them). I posted a can for sale and the pictures came out sideways, even though they are correct in my windows explorer folder. So I "over-rotated" them by 90 degrees in my windows explorer just to see if they would come out correct, and they still came out sitting on the same side??

Just wondering if there is a way to rotate yet.

Thanks,
Steve
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk