Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: DepSher Has anyone ever seen one of these before? - Sat Aug 25 2018 01:58 PM
My grandfather worked for Atlantic Richfield and I believe he got this when they closed out one of the local service stations. I attached a pic of it. It's just under 3ft tall and the car he's holding moves back and forth. I believe his eyes move and also a muscle pops up on his arm. I was just wondering if anyone has ever seen anything like this before or was it custom made for that service station. I never had a chance to get the story behind the little man from my grandfather.

Attached picture IMG_4999.JPG
Posted By: Jhaas63 Re: Has anyone ever seen one of these before? - Sat Aug 25 2018 02:32 PM
I have not but I can tell you that it is awesome.
Posted By: Jolly-John Re: Has anyone ever seen one of these before? - Sat Aug 25 2018 04:05 PM
Very late 1940's-early 1950's car being hefted above the attendant's head. A neat piece to be sure. You're fortunate to have this nice connection to your Grandpa, and his career in the gas and oil business. John
Posted By: Bass Master Re: Has anyone ever seen one of these before? - Sat Aug 25 2018 04:30 PM
Never seen one, but very COOL!!
Brian
Posted By: It's for sale Re: Has anyone ever seen one of these before? - Sun Aug 26 2018 01:23 PM
Try this,
Resemble 1951 Olds?

Attached picture IMG_4999.JPG
Posted By: Jarvis Re: Has anyone ever seen one of these before? - Sun Aug 26 2018 01:55 PM
Very cool
Posted By: DepSher Re: Has anyone ever seen one of these before? - Sun Aug 26 2018 09:39 PM
Thanks. I also have blueprints for a 1945 Service Station
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk