Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: BA TRAMP OIL American Hex or Octagon 10 gal visible? - Tue Jan 29 2019 02:33 AM
OK. After some research would you agree that the picture of my grandfather gas station pump (est 1938) is an American hex or octagon 10 gal visible?

Attached picture Pump.PNG
Posted By: Dale Stephens Re: American Hex or Octagon 10 gal visible? - Wed Jan 30 2019 01:41 AM
I think you are correct. It is the octagon(8 sided) version. I think it is a 2487 but could be wrong on the model number...
Posted By: gulfiend! Re: American Hex or Octagon 10 gal visible? - Wed Jan 30 2019 01:44 AM
...if you can see four sides, it's an octagon...if it were a hexagon, you'd only be able to see three sides...
Posted By: BA TRAMP OIL Re: American Hex or Octagon 10 gal visible? - Thu Jan 31 2019 02:24 PM
So it is an Octagon as we have established. I believe it to be an American 10 gal visible, couldn't find anything else that looked like it, handle, bonnet cover, skins, octagon and hose location in relation to the pump handle. Sure would like to get one some day but they appear to be pretty pricey.
Posted By: BA TRAMP OIL Re: American Hex or Octagon 10 gal visible? - Thu Aug 06 2020 06:22 PM
Yey, found and picked up this 2487 at the Iowa 2020 show yesterday. Can't wait to get it back to TX.

Attached picture American Visible Gas Pump.jpg
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk