Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Beez Visible pump I.D. - Wed Aug 07 2019 03:23 AM
I picked up a visible pump project over the weekend. It's missing the glass cylinder, the skins, the handle, and the hose and outlet pipe. Judging by comparisons made to pictures, I'm just about convinced it's a Wayne 615. Are there any measurements I can take, or casting numbers, etc. that I can find to verify this?

Thanks,

Brent
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: Visible pump I.D. - Wed Aug 07 2019 04:38 AM
I am the author of the Gas Pump Identification book and if you had a copy you would be able to identify your pump. If you feel it is a 615, go to this section of my website and click on Wayne, then on 615 .http://petrolianacollectibles.com/gas%20pump%20literature.htm, In the future you think you might need to ID another gas pump my Gas Pump Bible Identification book it available at www.gaspumpbible.com.

Also, if you would like to see over 12,000 images pertaining to petroliana, go to my website: www.petrocollect.com and see all the things you can look at pertaining to Petroliana collectibles.

Jack Sim
Posted By: Speedracer Re: Visible pump I.D. - Wed Aug 07 2019 10:23 AM
Jacks book is a great reference. It also helps if you post some pics on here.
Posted By: Beez Re: Visible pump I.D. - Wed Aug 07 2019 05:18 PM
Thanks, guys. I'm familiar with Mr. Sim's book, and it is on my list of "must-haves".

As far as posting pictures, I apparently have a severe mental block about making Photobucket work. I try to follow the instructions, but then the screen on my phone doesn't look right, and I am apparently too much of a Luddite to figure it out. Maybe my 20 y.o. son can explain it to me.....

Brent
Posted By: Beez Re: Visible pump I.D. - Wed Aug 07 2019 08:41 PM
http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh523/heybeez/IMG_20190806_101127469_zpsjgmiebn7.jpg

Did it work?

Brent
Posted By: Beez Re: Visible pump I.D. - Wed Aug 07 2019 08:43 PM
[Linked Image]

Maybe now.
Posted By: Beez Re: Visible pump I.D. - Wed Aug 07 2019 08:46 PM
Okay, maybe I have it figured out (maybe!)

So what's this little doohickey mounted on the drain back pipe?

[Linked Image]

Thanks,

Brent
Posted By: Speedracer Re: Visible pump I.D. - Wed Aug 07 2019 09:25 PM
It’s definitely a Wayne 615.

[And one suggestion.... instead of photobucket , you might want to just use the attachment option when posting on old gas. Just select ‘use full editor’, then select attachment manager 📎, then pick your pics off of your camera or phone and add them.

Because you are new here, the only reason I suggest this is because we’ve had problems with photo bucket in the past, and when that company charges people we lose all of the photos on here for reference. When you post using the attachment manager, they are here forever for all to use as reference in the future.]

I didn’t mean to stray from your topic. Nice pump. And those original skins should be relatively easy to find if you’re patient, or you can buy reproduction ones.

Google “Petro Nuts”. They will have a reproduction glass cylinder for the top.

-Steve
Posted By: Beez Re: Visible pump I.D. - Wed Aug 07 2019 11:56 PM
Thanks, Steve. The last picture I used the attachment manager (of course, that was after I actually figured out Photobucket).

Okay, so what IS that little doohickey in the last picture? 😁

Thanks,

Brent
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk