Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Turbo Bennett 756 - Sat Jun 20 2020 05:48 AM
Hello ,

I am new to the site and enjoy reading comments. I bought a Bennett 756 about a year ago and completely bead blasted, got rid of all rust , powder coated and painted everything. Willing to share photos and process. My question is this......The only thing left to put back on the pump is the front and rear door. I cannot figure this out. Anyone have pictures of the alignment of the door hinges? The doors don't want to go back on properly. I am stuck on this last 15 minute job. Any help would be appreciated.
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: Bennett 756 - Sat Jun 20 2020 05:08 PM
This is a simple design and unless your hinge or hinge pin is bent the door should slip on and close. Also if the flange on the door is bent the door will not align correctly. Here is a picture. It is an earlier pump but same hinge set up.

Attached picture NIrK2V.jpg
Posted By: SloDave Re: Bennett 756 - Sat Jun 20 2020 08:10 PM
Sounds like a nice project comming together.
Patience plays huge on installing and fitting the doors.
If it isn’t going right walk away and come back later.
Dave
Posted By: gatorgaspumps Re: Bennett 756 - Sat Jun 20 2020 09:15 PM
It's been a while since I put a 756 together and there was something about those hinges and pins that are different than the other Bennett pumps. If I remember correctly there is a hinge stop on the hinge that only lets the door open so far. If I remember correctly the hinges had to been open half way and the door Parallel to the pump and then put on the hinges. I could be wrong. I had to take a hinge off and try it on the door to figure it out. Richard
Posted By: Gasman84470 Re: Bennett 756 - Sat Jun 20 2020 09:34 PM
Hey while you're a bit unhinged at the moment welcome to Old Gas. And I am sure it will all be done in the 15" minutes you thought it would take.
Posted By: Turbo Re: Bennett 756 - Sat Jun 20 2020 10:11 PM
Great Pic. Thanks
Posted By: Turbo Re: Bennett 756 - Sat Jun 20 2020 10:12 PM
Thanks Everyone for the pics and advice. I will jump back on the project this evening.

Bill
Posted By: Turbo Re: Bennett 756 - Mon Jun 22 2020 02:36 AM
Hello,

My pins were slightly bent and the hinges that attach to the frame were not 100% straight as well. I ordered 4 new hinges and 4 new hinges with pins. I will know in a week if this was truly the issue.

Bill
Posted By: Turbo Re: Bennett 756 - Thu Jun 25 2020 10:30 PM
Ok. All done with new pins and hinges. Looks great. Thanks all for your comments and pictures.

Bill

Attached picture 756.jpg
Posted By: fuelboy Re: Bennett 756 - Fri Jun 26 2020 12:11 AM
Nice job, looks good!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk