Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Chargerman Wayne 80 color - Wed Jun 24 2020 12:21 AM
Hi Folks.

Newbie here. Undertaking the restoration of a Wayne 80 Mobil Special pump. I have the panels close to ready for paint but I don't know the correct red color. Does anyone know what the correct paint color code is? Also, what sites have folks had good experience with purchasing parts from?

Thanks!
Steve
Posted By: fuelboy Re: Wayne 80 color - Wed Jun 24 2020 01:58 AM
Welcome Steve, i'm sure more seasoned folks will chime in possibly with references but in my research on the matter of color on these pumps i've come to the conclusion it was best for me to take some signs I was using for my Bennett 966 restoration to the Paint Supply and just let them match the colors to that which I did.

Sometimes the old paint codes don't translate well to the newer colors and unless you are mounting a pristine original sign on the pumps, think it's more accurate to match color that way.

Attached picture paint-sinclair.jpg
Posted By: Chargerman Re: Wayne 80 color - Wed Jun 24 2020 09:43 PM
Thanks Mark

Unfortunately I don't have anything to use as a match. I wish I knew someone close by with a pump. I could bring the color charts there and match it up
Posted By: J, Micieli Re: Wayne 80 color - Wed Jun 24 2020 10:09 PM
I always just go to paint shop and look through swatches. Sometimes if you select a specific vehicle they can narrow it down for you. For example white, I describe to them as Mercedes white(pearl white). Most paint shops will assist if you pinpoint a little. Just don't ask for white? LOL

https://www.prismaticpowders.com/location something to check out also, these are powdercoating colours but many to compare to.
Posted By: gasmansgp Re: Wayne 80 color - Wed Jun 24 2020 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by Chargerman
Thanks Mark

Unfortunately I don't have anything to use as a match. I wish I knew someone close by with a pump. I could bring the color charts there and match it up
What you need to do is buy the decals and globe that you are planning to use. Then, you will have the {colors} to match at the paint store. All the pump colors were simply Fleet Colors....nothing special. Paul www.severngaspumps.com
Posted By: keithia Re: Wayne 80 color - Thu Jun 25 2020 01:36 AM
Get your decals and use them to get your colors.
Posted By: Chargerman Re: Wayne 80 color - Thu Jun 25 2020 12:19 PM
Got it. Will do

Thanks
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk