Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Morgandsl1 Red Crown Thermometer - Fri Aug 07 2020 04:22 AM
Hello all, new member here recently bitten by the bug. Just purchased the 6 ft. Red Crown thermometer. During shipping the therm tube busted. Any idea where I can find a replacement? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Posted By: advertologist Re: Red Crown Thermometer - Fri Aug 07 2020 11:16 AM
what is the length of the tube ?

welcome too the site .. ... cool
Posted By: Tankar Re: Red Crown Thermometer - Fri Aug 07 2020 01:40 PM
Welcome
Posted By: SandPCollector Re: Red Crown Thermometer - Fri Aug 07 2020 02:27 PM
Welcome to Oldgas.
Posted By: DWSheffer Re: Red Crown Thermometer - Fri Aug 07 2020 04:10 PM
Welcome...it's just the beginning of the bug!
My Red Crown thermometer is a special piece for me. It's the first larger sign/item I was able to acquire when I first got into petroliana. It's one of those "I'll never get rid of it" pieces, but I don't get rid of anything anyway so I guess that goes for my whole collection, lol. It's a local piece, from a small town in my county and it's been in the area since it was first shipped here in the 20's I'd guess. They are neat, impressive signs. Too bad about the tube but at least that's the only thing that was damaged.
Darin
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: Red Crown Thermometer - Fri Aug 07 2020 04:20 PM
I have a tube that I bought from Ray Seider years ago and did not use. Was suppose to fit the Large sign as you have. Thought I was getting another one but did not pan out. let me know.
Posted By: Speedracer Re: Red Crown Thermometer - Fri Aug 07 2020 06:49 PM
Hey Craig, how long is the tube you have? I might be interested in it.

Chad obviously has first dibs here, but if he doesn’t want it, I might take it depending on the length and price if he passes. I need one for a large Mail Pouch thermometer.

Thanks, Steve
Posted By: advertologist Re: Red Crown Thermometer - Fri Aug 07 2020 07:06 PM
these thermometers have a different temp range depending where in the country they were too be displayed

*notice the little number (pictured 2 & 9) which is the tube number that - that thermometer requires too read correct

with that thermometer temp range .. ... cool

Attached picture IMG_3740[1].JPG
Attached picture IMG_3739[1].JPG
Posted By: carrscars Re: Red Crown Thermometer - Sat Aug 08 2020 10:14 PM
I have a six foot mail pouch thermometer that has a tube in it that reads 30 degrees lower than the actual temperature. My sign has a G in the lower end of the sign. Any suggestions what tube I would need to get the correct reading
Posted By: advertologist Re: Red Crown Thermometer - Sat Aug 08 2020 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by carrscars
I have a six foot mail pouch thermometer that has a tube in it that reads 30 degrees lower than the actual temperature. My sign has a G in the lower end of the sign. Any suggestions what tube I would need to get the correct reading

Phil,

this is the tube you need .. ... cool

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SPECIAL-24...FOR-ADVERTISING-THERMOMETER/123359457859
Posted By: carrscars Re: Red Crown Thermometer - Sun Aug 09 2020 01:26 AM
Thanks so much
Posted By: Miken Re: Red Crown Thermometer - Fri Sep 22 2023 11:02 PM
I would like to know more about this. Mine has a 10 at the bottom and is 2 degrees off. Looks like I could slide the tube down a bit and read the correct temp.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk