Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Old Racer Keyhole style gallon markers?? - Sat Sep 19 2020 06:01 PM
I know these are used on Milwaukee and some Americans.
Can anyone tell me if they have seen them on any other pumps.
I am going to make overlays for these and wondering what they were all used on?
Thanks. .

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: toplescuda Re: Keyhole style gallon markers?? - Sun Sep 20 2020 02:30 AM
They were on my Martin Swartz visible
I took a couple that were sorta still readable. And had 44 cnc plasma cut. 22 blank. 22 with number on them
Will paint the blanks black and put behind the ones with the cutout numbers
It's not 100% correct. But it will.display very well

Attached File
Screenshot_20200919-214703.png  (110 downloads)
Posted By: Old Racer Re: Keyhole style gallon markers?? - Sun Sep 20 2020 11:12 AM
Should look good.
Thank for the heads up, now I know they were on MS pumps too.
Posted By: smokey1 Re: Keyhole style gallon markers?? - Sun Sep 20 2020 09:23 PM
Curious what paint or coating was used when these pumps were new regarding black background as with the picture in this thread.
Anodizing saw commercial use in the 1920's, could that material/technique have been used for these gallon markers and applications for materials being exposed to gasoline/fuels..
Posted By: toplescuda Re: Keyhole style gallon markers?? - Mon Sep 21 2020 06:56 PM
My tags are alum I think. Now will have to look at em closer. I know the brackets were rusted. But the marker them self was not. And one of the poles. Bottom end was rotted away. But they are alum.
Posted By: Old Racer Re: Keyhole style gallon markers?? - Mon Sep 21 2020 07:38 PM
All of the tags I have seen are aluminum.
Posted By: Rabbitman Re: Keyhole style gallon markers?? - Tue Sep 22 2020 02:26 AM
My M&S 100 has those markers. It’s a pretty rare pump but Jack Sim says it was probably a Doty pump design because they were bought out by M&S in St. Louis back in the day. So maybe some Doty pumps used them too. Doty’s are pretty scarce too. My pump has an etched cylinder also so it only had two marker sticks opposite the etched markings. Don’t know if that’s normal or not....GB

Attached File
Posted By: Old Racer Re: Keyhole style gallon markers?? - Tue Sep 22 2020 09:23 AM
Production is SOLD OUT at this point.
Not making any more unless there is a demand.
Thanks
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk