Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: SWABBY Attaching a globe on a VIZO top - Sun Jul 18 2021 02:41 PM
Hey gang....Need some advice here this morning....I have a VIZO 83 that I am restoring...Customer wants a globe on top that lights up.
I can do the wiring, but need to know how to attach to top to the jar lid???. The correct top has a 3/8" bolt that bolts to jar lid. Any
ideas???. Pic would really help.....thanks Warren
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: Attaching a globe on a VIZO top - Sun Jul 18 2021 03:54 PM
This is what an original looks like. It may help you with ideas.

Attached picture Wayne,Boyle Dayton 007.JPG
Posted By: SWABBY Re: Attaching a globe on a VIZO top - Sun Jul 18 2021 04:37 PM
Matt....Sent you a PM...Warren
Posted By: Pogo's Garage Re: Attaching a globe on a VIZO top - Mon Jul 19 2021 05:20 PM
I have a friend with one, have been trying to get him to let go of it for years to have some made, good looking pump with a globe on top!
Posted By: Man-Cave-Shoppe Dave Re: Attaching a globe on a VIZO top - Mon Jul 19 2021 07:50 PM
Here is what I did.
I replaced one of the rods with the wire going up to the top and painted it silver to match the look of the rods. Granted, this pump does Not have a glass cly currently so it was a easy decision to do.
I used a threaded hollow rod and ran the wires up through there and use a large wing nut to secure the top and the wires plug into those that are attached to the top and it lights up.
Might not work for some but works well for this one.

Attached picture IMG_20190817_202850.jpg
Attached picture IMG_20190817_202819.jpg
Attached picture IMG_20190825_183737.jpg
Posted By: model72 Re: Attaching a globe on a VIZO top - Wed Jul 21 2021 06:31 AM
I constructed my own light kit to match Matt's. It was a lot of work and I had to have two parts cast in aluminum after I made the part out of wood.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk