Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: 71chevelle Need pumps moved from Dixie to Maryland area - Sun Aug 22 2021 07:45 PM
Hey All
I have a very nice lady in Maryland that needs to get 3 pumps that she bought from me (2) short Bennetts gutted and (1) 36b ungutted from Dixie to close to Maryland.
Message me if you can help and I will send you her number.
Thanks
Posted By: gasmansgp Re: Need pumps moved from Dixie to Maryland area - Tue Aug 24 2021 12:06 AM
Use Beltman 1-800-959-8880. I ship stuff all the time into and out of Michigan. They are reasonable and offer door to door service. Have them pick up the pumps in Sevierville if necessary. I am always fascinated by how many guys, on this site, sell things then beg or offer gas money for someone to complete their job of making the delivery? The fact that you had to say..."a very nice lady" in your first line, just shows that you are not serious about taking your responsibilities seriously. If you were, you would have not posted this and the pumps would have been on their way. I mean no harm and if you are offended, sorry. In this day and time, way too many folks are holding their tongues for fear of offense. I find truth to be the best path to follow? But...it is your deal....finish it. Paul www.severngaspumps.com
Posted By: cggas Re: Need pumps moved from Dixie to Maryland area - Tue Aug 24 2021 01:07 AM
I think he’s just trying to help sumbody get the pumps?? I would never agree to get someone pumps to there location,…unless that was agreed upon & paid for upfront in the deal. I’ve had many people from different locations buy pumps, shipping & packing is up to them.
Posted By: gasmansgp Re: Need pumps moved from Dixie to Maryland area - Tue Aug 24 2021 01:34 AM
Originally Posted by cggas
I think he’s just trying to help sumbody get the pumps?? I would never agree to get someone pumps to there location,…unless that was agreed upon & paid for upfront in the deal. I’ve had many people from different locations buy pumps, shipping & packing is up to them.
"He said that she bought the pumps from him?" I agree.... Packing and shipping is always on the buyer but as a seller, you need to arrange the move, accept shipping fees upfront or ship C.O.D. and be there for the freighter to access the pick up. You will need to sign a bill of lading to move the order. It conveys the responsibility of the order to the transportation company, should it get lost or damaged. By "doing a favor"....hauling it from Dixie to the very nice lady....you are putting yourself a risk. You have become a common carrier. Rules for loss/damage can apply. Why take the risk when truckers are set up and reasonable to cover it for you and your customer? Not trying to be difficult....just educating the general public about the facts of life. I know several members on this site who have had bad experiences with just this thing. Paul www.severngaspumps.com
Posted By: 71chevelle Re: Need pumps moved from Dixie to Maryland area - Tue Aug 24 2021 06:51 PM
Who the he'll do you think you are?!?!? You know nothing about me obviously!
I'd expect BS comments / answers to a question on Face Book by not here.

Not that I owe you an explanation but I'm gonna explain so others don't think I'm some jack off that doesn't take care of my responsibilities.

So here you go mouth.

She "the very nice lady" bought these pumps and she was picking them up from me at The Fall Dixie show next month as she has done at the Spring Show. But since making the arrangements she found out she's having shoulder surgery that week and will not be able to make the show and asked me if I knew of anyone that would be heading her way from the show that would be able to transport the pumps for a fee ofcoarse.
So I'm just reaching out (NOT BEGGING) to try to help her out.

So there ya go.
Now keep the bs comments to yourself if you can't help. I didn't ask for an educating. I have a great reputation and am not gonna have someone like you tarnish it.

And no I'm not offended. More like *****.
Posted By: Speedracer Re: Need pumps moved from Dixie to Maryland area - Tue Aug 24 2021 07:27 PM
I can vouch for Chuck. He is a great guy. And Paul, I have to admit, times are changing. There are tons of people helping other people in this hobby by shipping items for gas money, etc. I myself have shipped signs home from shows for people on this forum and I am also shipping a few signs from this coming fall Dixie show for people. I myself have also had people deliver signs to me. Like I said, lots of people are doing it, and to be honest it’s been done on this site for a long time as well, THAT’S WHY THERE IS A TRANSPORTATION FORUM HERE ON OLD GAS and tons of people are doing it on Facebook as well. And it’s not always a stranger doing it, it could be someone you know from OldGas but you weren’t sure if they were attending this show or that show, etc.

As far as liability, damage, payment etc. that is usually covered between the two private parties via PM and is no ones business in the public forum.

Not to mention, I think Chuck is just being nice by posting that here, to see if any OldGassers in the Maryland area would like to make a few extra bucks.

Just my two cents.
Posted By: gasmansgp Re: Need pumps moved from Dixie to Maryland area - Wed Aug 25 2021 11:37 AM
Chuck, You called me Mouth? funny....been called a lot of things but that is a new one. You are right, I don't know you and in hindsight, should have been a bit less direct? For that I apologize......As for who I am? I'm just a guy who has been doing this for over thirty years. Been on this site for eighteen of those. Done lots of shows from Hershey, Barrett Jackson in Florida and Scottsdale. Dixie Gas at a time when there were not enough vendors to fill the areas below the first blue cabin. Chicagoland, Columbus and Mason Dixon. I am the guy who is usually quiet to a fault and always willing to share knowledge. I have gained so much from others who have gone before me that passing it on is important to the hobby we all care about. Therein lies the suggestion of a trucking company for the reasons given. I didn't make it up but have experienced it....food for thought? The thing that set me off was.....over these years, I can't count the number of guys who have shown up here, wanting to get help with a sale, movement, etc. Always talking a great line but after a short time, you never hear from them again....Or...you only hear how bad the treated a customer? Your first line "I have a very nice lady in Maryland that needs to get 3 pumps, that she bought from me, from Dixie to close to Maryland" hit me at a time that brought back all those previous examples? Maybe it would have had no effect on me had it read " I have a nice lady in Maryland who bought three pumps from me and planned on picking them up at Dixie Gas in the fall. Unfortunately, she is not going to be able to be there because of surgery and was hoping that someone might be willing to help get them near Maryland, for her? It says the same thing but the little bit of extra information, about her health, gives a new meaning? In this day and time, we have way too many people following meekly along after, so few, that every once and a while....someone needs to stand up and say what's on their mind. Right or wrong...I guess that was me? So again, I am sorry for ruffling your feathers. It was uncalled for but at the time, it got your attention....And gained me a new name? "Mouth", I'll wear it proudly. Thanks, Paul
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk