Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Sid’s Polly Gas New 5 quart and 1 quart oil cans? - Tue Aug 24 2021 08:46 AM
Hey I was wondering if anyone knows where I can purchase new 5 quart and 1 quart sealed motor oil cans (empty). I want to put Polly gas wraps on them for an oil can display stand I am working on. I have looked online but all the cans I can finds are food quality with ribbing on the sides, and you have to buy like 120 cans at a time. If anyone has any ideas or knows where to get some please let me know thanks in advance.
-Sid-
Posted By: Alex Re: New 5 quart and 1 quart oil cans? - Tue Aug 24 2021 10:35 PM
I may not totally understand...but, will give it a shot. Instead of buying brand new cans...head to eBay..or gas show and buy the cheapest cans you can buy and then just use them to wrap with your Polly Wraps....I am not sure how "transparent" your wraps are if the real can will show through the wrap...Not sure if you are making your own wraps, but I would encourage you to make sure they have a date or say "reproduction" in small print on the back somewhere. Otherwise some people may think you are trying to make fake cans....
Posted By: coltex Re: New 5 quart and 1 quart oil cans? - Wed Aug 25 2021 03:01 AM
Hey Sid, Just so you know, I've had 2 people sell me fake/wrapped cans that they did no know were wraps. I wasted $300 each on them. What are your intentions for them? Just curious......
Posted By: Sid’s Polly Gas Re: New 5 quart and 1 quart oil cans? - Wed Aug 25 2021 04:26 AM
I am building a display for my personal collection. I have no interest in resale once purchased. Also I am sorry about the bad luck, its no fun when you think you have something and realize it’s not what you thought.
Posted By: Sid’s Polly Gas Re: New 5 quart and 1 quart oil cans? - Wed Aug 25 2021 04:28 AM
Also I like the idea about the reproduction warning on the can, I think I will add that into my design. Once I am finished with various projects I will post and share. Thanks again for the ideas.
Posted By: coltex Re: New 5 quart and 1 quart oil cans? - Wed Aug 25 2021 12:41 PM
Understood. Thank you and Good luck
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk