Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: 71chevelle 6' Sinclair HC neon - Sat Apr 16 2022 02:09 AM
This is the 2nd 6' HC sign I've seen set up for a neon ring around it. Does anyone have a picture of one on a pole with the neon on it?

Thank you

Attached picture 20220415_204123.jpg
Attached picture 20220415_204143.jpg
Posted By: advertologist Re: 6' Sinclair HC neon - Sat Apr 16 2022 02:26 AM
6' sign of subject/no pole .. ... cool

Attached picture 1ahc.PNG
Posted By: Tankar Re: 6' Sinclair HC neon - Sat Apr 16 2022 10:00 AM
I never knew they ever had neon on them.
Posted By: Speedracer Re: 6' Sinclair HC neon - Sat Apr 16 2022 04:41 PM
Randy, is that picture original neon or added neon? Because Chucks sign looks like it would’ve just been an outer diameter ring of neon (no letters).

It would be neat if we can find an old picture of one.

-Steve
Posted By: advertologist Re: 6' Sinclair HC neon - Sat Apr 16 2022 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by Tankar
I never knew they ever had neon on them.

Originally Posted by Speedracer
Randy, is that picture original neon or added neon? Because Chucks sign looks like it would’ve just been an outer diameter ring of neon (no letters).

It would be neat if we can find an old picture of one. - Steve

Steve, believe neon was added, sign of subject apparently single sided ? .. ... cool
Posted By: 71chevelle Re: 6' Sinclair HC neon - Sat Apr 16 2022 08:18 PM
It is double sided and the tube clips are on both side.
Posted By: cggas Re: 6' Sinclair HC neon - Sat Apr 16 2022 08:35 PM
Did u get it in northern Indiana? I know a guy that had one near me.
Posted By: 71chevelle Re: 6' Sinclair HC neon - Sat Apr 16 2022 09:18 PM
No I didn't but I believe I know who you are talking about. That was the other one I saw.
Posted By: Paul Bell Re: 6' Sinclair HC neon - Sat Apr 16 2022 09:48 PM
Interesting... didn't know they did that. I'll have to look at mine and see if there are holes there.

Hopefully someone has a picture of a neon version on the pole. Where did they hide the transformer when there was no can?
Posted By: Yellow57 Re: 6' Sinclair HC neon - Sat Apr 16 2022 10:00 PM
I had a 6 ft single sided awhile back that had same holes , I always assumed that’s how they lined two single sided big signs up for the pole configuration
Posted By: Speedracer Re: 6' Sinclair HC neon - Sat Apr 16 2022 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by Yellow57
I had a 6 ft single sided awhile back that had same holes , I always assumed that’s how they lined two single sided big signs up for the pole configuration
The hole at the bottom middle of Chucks second picture IS for mounting the sign. The spot in question is the neon tube mounts in the white ring portion of the sign (they are not necessarily holes, per se).
Posted By: Paul Bell Re: 6' Sinclair HC neon - Sun Apr 17 2022 04:52 AM
Does this old oldgas post have the same holes in the white circle? or is it just chips? They seem to be in the same locations.

http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=563834

Attached picture HC.JPG
Posted By: 71chevelle Re: 6' Sinclair HC neon - Sun Apr 17 2022 12:03 PM
That sure looks the same.
Posted By: Paul Bell Re: 6' Sinclair HC neon - Sun Apr 17 2022 04:48 PM
They almost had to have kept the transformer in that area right below the sign. Not sure if that area is just welded shut or has an access panel on it. Be nice to see an original set-up. I'm assuming you are trying to neonize it? You would think there would be two insulator holes coming out the side, but nothing in this set-up here. I havent seen any signs where the insulator holes go straight up, so not to catch rain. Have you figured out if the neon was white or green?
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk