Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Mark8216 Red Fire Gasoline? - Sat Apr 16 2022 04:33 AM
Anyone know anything about Red Fire Gasoline? I have attached a picture of the patch I recently saw. I hadn’t seen this brand before and was curious to know if anyone had any info. Thanks!

Attached picture C328B020-7217-4D6E-A12B-47345DE10359.jpeg
Posted By: Paul Bell Re: Red Fire Gasoline? - Sat Apr 16 2022 05:45 AM
Little difficult because of the generic search terms, but I found this. Apparently there was a red fire station in Canton, Ohio.

If you are more than just curious, you could contact Canton, Ohio historical society and they may have some old photos of the station. The matchbook cover has the address.

You could also search newspaper.com archive for Ohio newspapers and "red fire gasoline", may get a hit on old ads they did.

Attached picture red.JPG
Posted By: Mark8216 Re: Red Fire Gasoline? - Sat Apr 16 2022 12:48 PM
Thank you for your post, Paul. That matchbook is a really good start. When I add a patch to my collection I like to know a little bit about where the company was from and that’s mainly the reason for my question. Yeah I ran into the same thing searching that name on google. I searched images online and got a lot of red fire trucks and red gas cans, haha!
Posted By: Paul Bell Re: Red Fire Gasoline? - Sat Apr 16 2022 09:52 PM
Yeah, the generic search terms really make it hard! When I hear about stations with cool names like this - "RED FIRE". I wonder if they had cool gas pump graphics.

Here's the place to call with that matchbook address:

Stark County Ohio Historical Society Contact Information
Address, Phone Number, and Hours for Stark County Ohio Historical Society, a Historical Society, at Mc Kinley Monument Drive Northwest, Canton OH.

Name
Stark County Ohio Historical Society Suggest Edit
Address
800 Mc Kinley Monument Drive Northwest
Canton, Ohio, 44708
Phone
330-455-7043
Hours
Mon-Sat 9:00 AM-4:00 PM; Sun 12:00 PM-4:00 PM
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk