Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: john deere 6430 Clear sealer for decals - Wed May 11 2022 12:21 PM
Does anyone know of an exterior clear sealer that can be used on water transfer decals?Thanks
Posted By: pumpingethyl Re: Clear sealer for decals - Fri May 13 2022 04:25 AM
Liquid decal film can be used on old decals to prevent them from disintegrating when transferred...available on ebay and amazon
Posted By: Stephenwarren30 Re: Clear sealer for decals - Sat May 14 2022 03:33 PM
Randy,
I have made sheets of decals. I just use a can of clear enamel spray…let the sheet dry…cut the decal how I want it off of the sheet…soak in water…apply.
Steve
Posted By: john deere 6430 Re: Clear sealer for decals - Sat May 14 2022 11:16 PM
How do I add a picture to my reply?
Posted By: SandPCollector Re: Clear sealer for decals - Sat May 14 2022 11:48 PM
Use Full Editor and attach your pictures with attachment manager.
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Clear sealer for decals - Sun May 15 2022 12:16 AM
Originally Posted by john deere 6430
How do I add a picture to my reply?

How to upload photos into your post or reply:
https://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=703369
Posted By: john deere 6430 Re: Clear sealer for decals - Sun May 15 2022 02:24 PM
I have already applied the sticker to the pump and it work fine.
I want to seal it with a clear so it will hold up better outside.

Attached picture Gasboy pump.jpg
Attached picture gasboy1.jpg
Attached picture gasboy3.jpg
Posted By: Paul Bell Re: Clear sealer for decals - Sat May 28 2022 10:48 PM
Most clears will work. I've used matte clear from orielly auto parts and high-end urethane automotive type clears. Trick is to start with light coats such that clear wont start to get under the decal and lift it. So 2 or 3 light mist coats and then you can step it up to medium wetness coats. I almost never have an issue, especially with the decal you are doing. I had some lifting on a coke machine recently but it was minor and the sticker was cut into very thin strips.

(i'm assuming you are clear-coating the panel after applying the decal)
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk