Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: JSTOR Identify the equipment in pic - Fri Jul 22 2022 12:45 AM
Anyone tell me what the 3 pieces of equipment are in this pic from my great grandfathers garage? I'd like to purchase them if available anywhere

Attached picture 20220721_204219.jpg
Posted By: RetroPetro Re: Identify the equipment in pic - Fri Jul 22 2022 03:11 AM
PM sent
Posted By: gasmansgp Re: Identify the equipment in pic - Fri Jul 22 2022 11:07 AM
The piece on the right is a battery charger. I have one in the barn that looks just like it. Regards, Paul www.severngaspumps.com
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: Identify the equipment in pic - Fri Jul 22 2022 11:32 AM
Pennzoil Lube N Go on the left,two battery chargers on right,one large,one small.
Posted By: JSTOR Re: Identify the equipment in pic - Fri Jul 22 2022 02:20 PM
Paul, want to sell it?
Posted By: gasmansgp Re: Identify the equipment in pic - Fri Jul 22 2022 10:14 PM
Josh, Let me get a picture tomorrow and text it to you. What number can you receive a text? Regards, Paul www.severngaspumps.com
Posted By: JSTOR Re: Identify the equipment in pic - Fri Jul 22 2022 11:43 PM
Originally Posted by gasmansgp
Josh, Let me get a picture tomorrow and text it to you. What number can you receive a text? Regards, Paul www.severngaspumps.com

Sent
Posted By: JSTOR Re: Identify the equipment in pic - Sat Nov 19 2022 03:14 AM
Anyone know the models of the small charger & the arc welder its sitting on by dumb luck?
Posted By: JSTOR Re: Identify the equipment in pic - Sun Nov 27 2022 06:31 PM
Anyone know if thats an arc welder or large battery charger on the right?
Posted By: Tankar Re: Identify the equipment in pic - Sun Nov 27 2022 06:52 PM
Looks like the wires are going down to a battery so I would say a charger
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Identify the equipment in pic - Sun Nov 27 2022 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by JSTOR
Anyone know if thats an arc welder or large battery charger on the right?

I don't "know" but here's my opinion. The coiled wire and plug on the large cabinet on the right look too small to be a welder. Arc welders back then had big, thick wires and a heavy plug like you see on an electric stove or clothes dryer. Usually, arc welders had controls and output cable connections on the front face of the cabinet.

So I'm thinking the large cabinet on the right is a battery charger. It has a newer, compact charger sitting on top.
Posted By: JSTOR Re: Identify the equipment in pic - Tue Nov 29 2022 01:20 AM
Ok thanks for clarifying. I'm trying to find that big guy on the right. I think I found the smaller charger....

Attached picture Screenshot_20221128-205946_eBay.jpg
Posted By: Ohio Oil Re: Identify the equipment in pic - Tue Nov 29 2022 02:27 AM
My guess it's a cabinet of some sort that had a couple of smaller battery chargers in it. Door would open...looks like there's a screen for an upper and lower shelf. Can't imagine a single charger that size.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk